Spike Camp

Ban on Grizzly bear hunting BC canada

Ban on Grizzly bear hunting BC canada
« on: August 15, 2017, 08:15:34 PM »
I am glad I didn't get a bolt action 338-378. The main reason was to go on a grizzly hunt in BC
I don't know a lot of facts about this but it looks like this fall will be the end of it. No Trophy bear hunting
Does anyone have more facts about this

Re: Ban on Grizzly bear hunting BC canada
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 05:59:54 AM »
This link should get you more info.
https://forum.nosler.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35996
TD

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 08:35:50 AM »
What you really need is a ban on STUPID POLITICIANS.
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 08:48:10 AM »
+1 They are known to cave to the lobbyist that will donate the most $ to them.(money, trips, etc.)
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 08:56:51 AM »
That is a real bummer.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

Jameson

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 09:14:10 AM »
That would very quickly thin the ranks of the only innately criminal class in America. Hell, it might thin it down enough that the few who remain could get something done.
JP

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 09:51:36 AM »
This link should get you more info.
https://forum.nosler.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35996

Thanks for the info

I see this as a very bad thing. Ban hunting because of Public Opinion
Now that they have won this time, they will keep trying to ban hunting all together

A friend has put in for 14 years for a moose tag here in Colorado, and drew one for this fall. He was told be one of the game and fish employee's that it would be best to locate moose only on the weekends and hunt and take one only during the week as to not upset the hikers and campers in the area. He has waited 14 years for this tag, and now he is to be concerned about someone else getting upset!!!

The rights of us hunters are changing fast, and I hate to say it but I really think the non-hunting world is winning

galamb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 12:40:57 PM »
The political party in power in BC, which is very left leaning even by Canadian standards (so would make the US Communist Party look like right wing conservatives), did campaign with banning the trophy hunt on their list of things to do.

They actually didn't win the election but formed a coalition with another party and seized power through a non-confidence motion.

And while I personally have zero interest in Trophy Hunting I am against the banning of any hunting based solely on the "I don't like this" factor. If the species is at risk, or declining or whatever, that's fine, shut it down for a bit, but that isn't the case here.

The population of Grizzly's is healthy and they only issued a couple hundred (trophy tags) - primarily to outfitters. So this isn't saving the species and it will take a whole lot of money out of the economy - in areas that have little else to "sell or produce". But that doesn't seem to even be a consideration for the tree hugging, cappuccino drinking, smart car drivers in Vancouver - the center of BC's universe where they keep government funded safe injection sites open for 72 solid hours immediately following the release of welfare cheques. (sorry, that might sound a little jaded) :)

You will still be able to obtain a Griz tag, in area's outside of the Great Bear Rainforest (and I don't even have an issue if they want to ban hunting in a protected area, we do have a few "game preserves" around the country) - BUT you will not be able to possess the Hide, Paws or Head - take the meat and leave the rest for the Ravens. They say this is to preclude "trophy hunting" under the guise of "meat hunting".

A similar style action is in place in Ontario with Black Bears - not the hide/head etc, you can have a Black Bear mounted or turned into a rug, but you can not possess a gall bladder - there was a growing black market trade because the things are worth good bucks overseas. But leaving a small organ to feed the crows is a whole lot different then leaving a good chunk of the carcass - and for no other reason then someone's feelings are hurt at the thought of Ol' Griz being turned into a rug...
Graham
R.C.A.F (Retired)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North EH!

Cody Hanby

• ♥ Phở ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 10:47:50 PM »
that opens more space for what is even worse: smart politicians, with malicious intention. this is a scary world.
Cody Hanby

badsection

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 07:16:58 AM »
What's next on their agenda?   That answer usually depends on who owns the politicians.   :)

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 08:47:16 AM »
As usual SCI is approaching the situation with sound conservation and environmentally based scientific solutions which may appease the local fur and tree huggers. What good is it to have a Deputy Minister of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development (hell of a title huh) if you have no committee and no power to make sound rules and regs in the interest of the environment, for the people, as well as the future of the wildlife that inhabits BC. But why clutter up a moronic decision with Facts huh? You wouldn't think that an area like BC would have less hunters than anti-hunters, but maybe they just didn't turn out to vote. Not a resident, JMO eh!
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 08:57:57 AM »
Great info Blackbear3. I have been talking with a President of a local chapter of the SCI, he was helping me find a outfitter for my planned hunt in the near future. SCI is working with BC on the issue, is all he could really tell me, just hold tight were his words. Hopefully this can be changed to make everyone happy in the end, we will have to wait and see.

I agree Dan I cant see the rural people of BC having a problem with bear hunting. Not sure where they got their 90% from, we may never know that info

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 11:52:17 AM »
Wow! Talk about misleading propaganda. This article initiated by Pacific Wild, and merged to change.org again plays on the emotional heart strings of the public, with outright lies about indiscriminate shooting of wild game as if Outfitters and Hunters knew little or nothing about the species they're hunting. They make it sound like the clubbing of baby seals and then leaving them. They even have a live active petition people can sign in this link right next to the opening Walt Disney video.
https://www.change.org/p/protect-grizzly-bears-by-banning-the-trophy-hunt-in-bc
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 02:11:04 PM »
There's no doubt in my mind that absolute and total stupidity is in full effect with this.  It's sickening what's happening these days because some candy a&& snowflake has his or her feeling hurt.  Our forefathers must be rolling in their graves because of all this crap.  Let one of the politician's kids get mauled or eaten by a grizzly and you'll see them screaming to kill every one of them. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.