Spike Camp

Tropics

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Tropics
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2017, 07:24:12 PM »
Hurricane Irma is still about 2,000 out from the East coast, and she's still packing sustained winds of 110 mph coming across the Atlantic. She's moving slow(about 15 mph)so its still hard to predict where she might make landfall. 
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2017, 07:28:12 PM »
I would have to run to PA to get ethanol free gas since it isn't sold here. MD has to do everything Kalifornia does and stop green house gas emissions. But They will allow a developer to cut down 100 acres of trees  to build a bunch of condos and town houses. >:(
TD

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2017, 10:06:47 PM »
I don't buy the "Good" chainsaws and keep them from year to year.Buy the cheapies and get a new one every year.Then you aint got to worry about why it won't start cause it ran great last year.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2017, 04:35:17 AM »
I don't buy the "Good" chainsaws and keep them from year to year.Buy the cheapies and get a new one every year.Then you aint got to worry about why it won't start cause it ran great last year.
  I am a cheap bastard, got the chain saw on "end of season" close out. I keep extra chains around JIC, so replacement is more than just the saw. If I hadn't got it running, there would be a new one here already.   ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 05:19:10 AM by badsection »

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2017, 05:15:21 AM »
Hurricane Irma is still about 2,000 out from the East coast, and she's still packing sustained winds of 110 mph coming across the Atlantic. She's moving slow(about 15 mph)so its still hard to predict where she might make landfall.
  With all the news on Harvey, the minute east coast Florida is in Irma's 5 day cone, there will be a line for gas and bottled water, ETC.  I suspect Tuesday at the earliest. I put most of my hurricane package together first day of hurricane season. Batteries, flashlights, food for me and the dog, and a freezer full of ice is where I typically start. 13 days without electricity and any source of supplies ( all the stores were closed) in 2004 was a lesson learned. Paranoia is a learned thing.   ;D

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2017, 06:28:27 PM »
Bad, get your provision early, and don't wait till last minute.  Hopefully Irma will go into the ocean, and skip the mainland. 

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2017, 03:57:42 AM »
Pretty well stocked up!  Gas prices are up 40 cents a gallon here and some places are running out of bottled water. It might be because the water all going to Harvey survivors. The 0500 report kind of makes Irma look headed to the gulf     ( my guess). Late tomorrow will give me a better idea. It did not turn north as soon as predicted. I'm not out of the woods yet! It's a cat 3 "with some strengthening possible". 

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2017, 02:13:23 PM »
I am at the extreme edge of the 5 day cone at the 1700 update. Really starting to look like Cat 4 Irma is headed for the gulf! There is a potential storm brewing behind Irma and another in the bay of Campeche.  Where I'll be glad to miss this, I'm not sure The gulf coast is going to be ready for the next assault! Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:04:16 PM by badsection »

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2017, 05:45:32 PM »
Bad, did you say you were on high ground, if there is such a thing in Florida?
DosEquisShooter

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2017, 06:58:56 PM »
All the models have it plowing across Cuba like it's going into the Gulf then turning a hard right turn and going straight North up thru Florida
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2017, 07:05:05 PM »
By the time this hurricane season is over the national debt could be a trillion dollars higher because of it.Hope not,but we're just 3 storms in and already 2 are cat 4 storms.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2017, 07:48:09 PM »
[/quote

Highest is 345ft above sea level.

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2017, 03:56:03 AM »

I'm  a very few feet higher than my neighbors. In this part of Florida, the highest "ground" for a hundred miles is a overpass on I-95.  I'm a few miles north of West Palm Beach, about 1 mile off the Atlantic.  I'm sill on the extreme edge of the 5 day cone as of 0500. Irma is at 150mph now! Where ever it goes, it will be hell!   

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2017, 04:40:41 AM »
All the models have it plowing across Cuba like it's going into the Gulf then turning a hard right turn and going straight North up thru Florida
If it goes up the center of the state, we are going to have to depend on the dikes at Lake Okeechobee holding. Army Corps of Engineers. lowest bidder!  They failed in 1928 and  a untold number of people died. My neighbor was 8 years old at the time and remembers that hurricane pretty well. Her family lost everything.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:09:22 AM by badsection »

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2017, 05:27:51 AM »
Irma is now a cat 5 ,175mph sustained wind!  Wherever it goes at that strength , time to put your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye! 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:00:57 PM by badsection »