Spike Camp

Tropics

badsection

Re: Tropics
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 06:12:50 AM »
Cuban cigars are way over rated and very expensive. I prefer the Central American cigars. Irma won't make any landfall till Tuesday or so. There is another potential storm behind it.  I would be happy if all my preparation was in vain.  It's way better to have all the stuff needed and not need it than not having the stuff and finding out you should have.   ;D

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 07:55:22 AM »
So true
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

badsection

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 03:18:36 PM »
Ran the generator today and changed the oil, The )^##^$(^  chain saw wouldn't start!  Pulling that rope start a 100 times in 110 degree heat index!  It ain't a cheap one, a Husqvarna! I did put a real edge on my ax! ( too Old for that crap!)  No trees close enough to my house to worry about, unless they go airborne!  We sure cut some trees last time, ran out of gas early and used axes and handsaws. 4 of us made the local news. We had no language in common.  2 Spanish speakers and one Creole, we did the work of 6!  Irma is a strong cat 3 as of 1700. It's 5 day cone shows a turn to the north, ME!  So, what is your go to weapon when the stuff hits the fan? Simple choice for me, under 100yds, AK-47, closer, 357 Sig "Sig nightmare" closer? "Meat" Rambo!   LOL! 

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2017, 04:52:19 PM »
If the shit hits the fan I pick this up second after I put my .45acp 1911 in my belt.
1200 Win pump 12ga with extended magazine tube. Highly reliable and just shucking it will scare the shit out of most any one. ;D
TD

badsection

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2017, 05:59:46 PM »
If the shit hits the fan I pick this up second after I put my .45acp 1911 in my belt.
1200 Win pump 12ga with extended magazine tube. Highly reliable and just shucking it will scare the shit out of most any one. ;D  I'm afraid of hitting the dog with a shotgun!  The AK-47 is a pretty distinctive sound too and is shorter.  LOL!

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2017, 07:27:57 PM »
1200 Win pump 12ga with extended magazine tube. Highly reliable and just shucking it will scare the shit out of most any one. ;D  I'm afraid of hitting the dog with a shotgun!  The AK-47 is a pretty distinctive sound too and is shorter.  LOL!
Kevin you shuck the action and when they take off you turn the dog loose to bite them in the ass ;D ( I forgot to mention I load buck and ball and if I have to I can shuck the buck for a long shot with the ball.) ;D
TD

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2017, 07:57:07 PM »
Cuban cigars are way over rated and very expensive. I prefer the Central American cigars. Irma won't make any landfall till Tuesday or so. There is another potential storm behind it.  I would be happy if all my preparation was in vain.  It's way better to have all the stuff needed and not need it than not having the stuff and finding out you should have.   ;D

Specially the ones your friend from Georgia sends you a care package. LMAO!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

DD, I also would pick my PARA 1911, 45acp, and my Benelli 12 GA, with an extended mag.  ;D ;D ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2017, 06:55:22 AM »

Specially the ones your friend from Georgia sends you a care package. LMAO!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

TD, I also would pick my PARA 1911, 45acp, and my Benelli 12 GA, with an extended mag.  ;D ;D ;D
Yep nothing puts the fear of God in them like the sound of a pump shot gun slide being racked and when I have to place a precise shot my 1911 .45acp will dot the eye every time. ;D
TD

badsection

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2017, 11:04:08 AM »
Got my chain saw running!  When I cleaned the spark plug yesterday, it was dry. That says a fuel problem. Not having any carb cleaner on hand, I used Hoppe's elite gun cleaner. Worked like a charm!   :)

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 12:49:55 PM »
Got my chain saw running!  When I cleaned the spark plug yesterday, it was dry. That says a fuel problem. Not having any carb cleaner on hand, I used Hoppe's elite gun cleaner. Worked like a charm!   :)
I always use BTE to get the copper out of my chainsaw!!!
Hope you don't need yours and it swings North!!!
Doug

badsection

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 01:45:09 PM »
LOL!  It is a aerosol container and it was handy.   Last hurricane here, we had to cut downed trees just to get access to our street. We all smelled like a Ben Gay factory doing it by hand.   :)

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2017, 02:35:38 PM »
LOL!  It is a aerosol container and it was handy.   Last hurricane here, we had to cut downed trees just to get access to our street. We all smelled like a Ben Gay factory doing it by hand.   :)
Smelling like Ben gay is better than smelling B-O  :o ::) ;D
Gasoline stabilizer that gets the alcohol out will help with the chainsaw in the future and run it dry.
TD

badsection

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »
Stabilizer is for places with temperature changes, My chain saw was 100% empty at last storage! I suspect humidity as the culprit! In any  case, I can now be sure of my chain saw carving my way out of here in a deep shit aftermath of a hurricane! LOL!

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2017, 04:07:16 PM »
Hey Buddy they came out with a new formula for the ethanol loaded gasoline so the alcohol doesn't corrode everything and dry out the rubber parts in the carburetors just for 2 cycle engines. Some of the new synthetic 2 cycle oil mix also has chemicals to aid in the use of blended gasoline. 
TD

badsection

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2017, 06:20:24 PM »
I specifically got "ethanol free" gas from my local Sunoco for that very reason. I use it to mix the 2 stoke fuel  for the chain saw and weed whacker. I use it straight in my Honda mower, although I am convinced I could pee ( 70 proof?) in the mower and it would run fine.  ;D