Spike Camp

The sad lag in swag

The sad lag in swag
« on: August 24, 2017, 01:37:50 PM »
I'm gonna vent here a bit ... am I the only Roy fan who feels the somewhat sad state of Weatherby logo'ed goodies available?  I mean, my word!  If I see one more Browning deer head logo, I think I might barf.  They're everywhere!!

And I'm not bashing Browning in the least ... fine firearms!  But, what I am pointing out is that Browning seems to have the logo goods concept locked down quite nicely.  Paso Robles, not so much.

Sure, sure, Weatherby firearms speak for themselves.  I was at the range, and a fellow marksman was drooling over my Mark V. "Damn!  That's a nice gun.  Weatherby, right?  Can't wait till I can get one."  Obviously a discerning individual who can spot quality when he sees it.

Problem is:  I can't take my rifle everywhere I go.  Well, I could but it might cause a tizzy at the Walmart.

What I can do is wear Weatherby gear, and put a sticker on my car, and sip Knob Creek bourbon from a Weatherby logo glass.  Is it too much to ask Weatherby corporate to put some focus on giving the Nation the ability to wear Weatherby on our sleeve?  C'mon guys ... help us help you!

Roy was a genius.  Period.

BB340

• View Profile
Re: The sad lag in swag
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 03:10:13 PM »
Yep I am with you on this mate. You should try finding Weatherby apparel down here in Australia! I did finally get a Weatherby hat when Adam Weatherby visited my local gun shop a few weeks back. The owner had him sign it for me too.
So a big thanks to Adam for that. Would of loved to have meet him but it was a surprise visit and I was away.

Anyway back to the topic... I would buy their merchandise straight from the Weatherby shop but unfortunately they don't post to Australia.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 03:34:46 PM »
Guys - we appreciate your comments. We've really been concentrating our efforts on making sure we are able to fill orders to get Mark V's and ammunition on dealers shelves and to our customers. We are thrilled to say we're starting to ship both out the door everyday and pleased to see delivery times greatly improving. Being such a small company we have limited resources but rest assured, as we establish consistent delivery of our rifles and ammo we will work on our logo wear. Speaking of guns and ammo, October 1st is right around the corner so stay tuned for the announcement of some new items for 2018.
Mike Schwiebert
VP, Marketing
Weatherby, Inc.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 03:41:59 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Mike!!! I'll be parked outside my dealer just in case I need to order something for the gun safe October 1st.
More swag would be nice someday, especially some hats.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 08:54:50 AM »
Mike,

Back in January, Scott Morrell had replied in a separate post about swag that he was going to take up apparel, etc., after he tackled Service & Warranty.  Scott also alluded to something exciting "later this year."  4Q is fast approaching ... then it's drag a pine tree into the living room, swill some egg nog, and the year's done.  Let's hope there's some swag in the October 1st trumpet fanfare!

Here's an idea:  Why not a couple-three annual commemorative items?  Like a limited quantity t-shirt, or fleece, or hat ... or all three?!  Something really well-designed and cool looking that creates real "if ya snooze ya lose" demand.  That way you guys don't have to warehouse hundreds of thousands of 'em, but enough to give us Weatherby fan boys and women something cool to wear. And here's some added gravy ... turn it into some sort of fundraising program for Weatherby's favorite cause ... winner, winner, venison dinner!

Roy was a genius.  Period.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 01:02:55 PM »
We're working on it.
Mike Schwiebert
VP, Marketing
Weatherby, Inc.

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 04:21:51 PM »
I am still stuck on the Weatherby Deluxe sling Idea. Just thinking out loud again.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 04:37:51 PM »
I like the sling idea, I want a cool hat as well, and whatever else.  I also would like to idea of bringing the "Weatherby" sticker back, not just the W.  I sold my old truck, and I need a new sticker. :) This is what I am talking about.