Spike Camp

Looking bleak

Re: Looking bleak
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 01:45:55 PM »
MM;
-Be safe and vigilant.  Our prayers go out to you and all that are affected by this storm.
May God bless you and keep you in his Grace at this terrible time.  Stuff CAN be replaced,
homes can be rebuilt, but your life is precious.
Rg

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 05:30:53 PM »
Here is a pict another friend sent me of Mark's home town today.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 05:42:26 PM »
Anybody here from close to Cypress Tx?
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

petey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 05:55:52 PM »
I can't even imagine what is going on down there!  If there is anything I can do or send, please just say the word.  It sucks being helpless.
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you down in that area.  Drop us a line when you can.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 06:20:47 PM »
Roger, I hope MM isn't as bad off as the picture looks. If there is anything we can do let us know!!
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2017, 06:44:51 PM »
Roger,have you talked to Mark on the phone?
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 09:34:10 AM »
I was able to talk to Mark a few minutes ago. He is safe but had bad damage.I am sure he will update us when things settle down.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

zonie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 11:56:48 AM »
everyone down there our prayers are with you.  my wife's sisters and their familys are either in Houston, San Antonio or Austin, so far so good they are on higher ground,  but they don't know about a second vacation home north of Houston, has a small creek on the property, probably a river now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:58:27 AM by zonie »

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »
big muddy I'm about 15 minutes from cypress depending on what part of cypress

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 03:24:32 PM »
big muddy I'm about 15 minutes from cypress depending on what part of cypress

They are on Gable Oak Lane, my son saw where yesterday the water was up the driveway but not to the house yet.

Thanks
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

fuonlynu

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2017, 04:02:37 PM »
Made an emergency run to Austin today for some medication for my grandson. From Conroe to Austin was all clear and it's only sprinkling here in Conroe at 6:00 pm

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2017, 04:08:14 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected.  I was reading that the creetints already started looting and a few of them were shot.  It's really sad that these scumbags are out praying on the people who are in this disaster.  One thing I'd bet the farm on is if they're caught the Texas justice system will punish them appropriately. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 04:27:16 PM »
Yup, dealt with the looters and con men  here in 04.  They target the old people most. We weren't allowed to post signs saying we shoot looters. We posted we cook looters on the grill. My anti gun neighbors became my best pals!  Stay safe! 

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 05:36:35 PM »
the cypress area was hit hard but the rain slowed yesterday and today the sun showed itself water is receding fast in that area,the east side of town is the worst right now from damn release of lake Conroe at 73000 cfs ! chris from a press release from the governor,the national guard and state troopers were orderd to shoot looters on site ! all 12000 members of the guard were activated plus a special helicopter rescue unit from the navy,that and almost everyone here that carries,i don't think the criminals are gonna fair to well 

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2017, 06:04:53 PM »
With prayers and fast recover for all you folks in Texas