Spike Camp

Looking bleak

Re: Looking bleak
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2017, 08:51:51 PM »
the cypress area was hit hard but the rain slowed yesterday and today the sun showed itself water is receding fast in that area,the east side of town is the worst right now from damn release of lake Conroe at 73000 cfs ! chris from a press release from the governor,the national guard and state troopers were orderd to shoot looters on site ! all 12000 members of the guard were activated plus a special helicopter rescue unit from the navy,that and almost everyone here that carries,i don't think the criminals are gonna fair to well

Thanks for the update, I let my Dad know as it's his grandson down there.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2017, 09:03:46 PM »
Southtxkiller:That is why we live in Texas.Take care of ourselves and our neighbors.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 02:55:32 AM »
Southtxkiller:That is why we live in Texas.Take care of ourselves and our neighbors.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2017, 05:43:10 PM »
For those affected by Harvey.  I was part of a teleconference today with FEMA, and the AF rep said that this is going to be a slow process, but help is already pouring in.  I don't remember how many semi's (with food & water) are heading into the TX & LA area, but it's a good amount.  The AF has several aircraft on alert, and a mobile hospital from San Antonio has been moved as well to the Houston area. The PJs are already there, and are rescuing people. 

I went through Hurricane Andrew, and it sucked for a while.  But, we survived, and we were able rebuilt.  Don't loose the faith, and stray strong.  Our prayers to you guys. Be safe!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2017, 06:22:23 AM »
chris from a press release from the governor,the national guard and state troopers were orderd to shoot looters on site ! all 12000 members of the guard were activated plus a special helicopter rescue unit from the navy,that and almost everyone here that carries,i don't think the criminals are gonna fair to well

My hat's off to the Governor for having the guts to give that order.  That's the way it should be unfortunately there's very few politicians that have the fortitude to do what's right, if there were more like the Texas Governor this country would be A LOT better off. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2017, 03:58:12 PM »
We feared the worst - had to evacuate for five days. Came back to find a waterline on the slab 2 inches below floor level. We are blessed - no water in the house. 641 houses nearby took on water. First night of Harvey (Friday), a tornado tore through about 1/4 mile from our house. We evacuated early Monday morning as the water started to rise. Lucky indeed, however, I attribute our good fortune of being spared to much prayer.
Come and take it.

badsection

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2017, 03:59:25 PM »
Great news!

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2017, 04:14:59 PM »
That is good news Tex.Anyone heard from MM?
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
Glad to hear all is good Tex.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2017, 04:45:51 PM »
Wonderful news. God is good indeed.

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2017, 05:10:04 PM »
That's great news Tex, hopefully MM was as lucky.
Doug

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2017, 06:41:29 PM »
Thank God!
DosEquisShooter

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2017, 11:18:11 PM »
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2017, 10:26:14 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes guys. I feel lucky indeed. Only pisser is I got a deep splinter in my left hand picking up some old rotted wood expansion joints from the driveway that had floated up. Went to an urgent care and some butcher doctor tore up my hand (and ruptured a capillary), causing uncontrollable bleeding. Had to head to an ER to get it sewn shut to stop the bleeding. It's still messed up - over a stupid splinter that's still in there. Found out later that this "doctor" went to med school in Nigeria; figures.
Come and take it.

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »
Sorry to here of your experience Tex.
Sure wish we would here from Music Man. I pray he is safe.
TD