Spike Camp

Members with up coming hunting trips

Members with up coming hunting trips
« on: September 06, 2017, 09:34:56 PM »
I know several of us have up coming trips which I offer prayer for a safe trip to all who are traveling. Also for them while they are hunting.
Just to help keep tabs I was wanting a list of where all and what all they were traveling to hunt.
Mine as many of you all know is in Idaho going after Black Bears. My hunt dates are Sept.24-28 but will be leaving Indiana on or around the 19th or 20th and getting back at the beginning of Oct.
Good luck to all and hope everyone stays safe.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

badsection

Re: Members with up coming hunting trips
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 03:27:34 AM »
Good luck !   :)

marty67

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 04:25:59 AM »
Good luck.  I will be going to Idaho for elk during the general season, which starts October 10th.  We leave Wisconsin on the 7th usually and hunt for about 10 days, depending on when somebody has to be back for work.  Now that is usually just me, being the young guy at 50.  Special treat this year-my 11year old is going with, as long as school doesn't put up a fuss.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 07:35:06 AM »
I just got home last week from my Dagestan Tur hunt in Azerbaijan.  I leave in two weeks for a Québec Caribou hunt.  A couple of weeks after I get home from Québec (Oct 7th) Montana Antelope season opens, and a couple of weeks after that (Oct 21st) Montana Deer and Elk season opens.  I have a busy next couple of months ahead of me.  ;D
NRA Endowment Life Member

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 07:38:44 AM »
Also going to Idaho for elk & mule deer. Leaving Maryland Oct. 6, mule deer starts Oct. 10 & elk Oct.15. We lost one of our hunting party to a badly broken right leg two weeks ago. He shattered both bones above his ankle, 8 screws and plates. He had a tree bounce and land on his leg while cutting it down to make locust posts (fence posts). Chris, good luck on your bear hunt, we saw numerous bears in Idaho last year, all on gut piles.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:44:23 AM by godscountry »
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 08:04:11 AM »
I'll be on a elk hunt in SW Colorado the last week of October and then will return home just days before Minnesota rifle season opens. Depending on my wife's health I plan to hunt the Wisconsin rifle season the week of Thanksgiving too. Safe travels everyone and enjoy your time afield!!!
Doug

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »
Will be flying out of Houston in the morning for a Minnesota bear hunt.Did I ever tell you how much I hate to drive in Houston. >:( I am at the hotel and am having supper delivered to the room.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

ak7an

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »
Headed to So Colorado last week of Oct to hunt Muleys in unit 80. That was my back yard when we lived in Del Norte for 15 yrs.. so kinda like going home.. kinda miss it too.
Safe travels to all and good luck..
Ed

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 05:10:10 PM »
Good luck Roger,and have a blast.Pun intended
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.