Spike Camp

Firearm confiscation in the path of Hurricane Irma

danno50

• View Profile
DosEquisShooter

Re: Firearm confiscation in the path of Hurricane Irma
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 09:31:10 AM »
Under that threat, I'd tape a sign on the front door that says "evacuated," keep the lights out, and stay locked and loaded in a big way.
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 09:54:46 AM »
They'd need a tractor trailer here!  I'm not sure what the gun laws are there to start with.  I know them here.   :)

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 10:41:25 AM »
I also read an article on th US Virgin Islands about them  confiscating firearms, ammo, powder and any explosives. If I remember right the same thing happened in New Orleans and it took years of legal action before anything was returned. Luckily the NRA provided the legal help.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 12:20:26 PM »
I'm a little lost here: are the US Virgin Islands not subject to the US Constitution and federal law? Cause if so, that confiscation nonsense won't fly no matter what name the governor puts on it. As for what happened in New Orleans (may B'rer Nagin enjoy his stay in prison) as I understand it, the few people who actually got their firearms back got them back so rusted and abused as to be largely worthless.
JP
Moderator Jameson Parker
www.readjamesonparker.com

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 02:50:16 PM »
I suppose those AH's would confiscate my bad ass GSD, too.  3 words, bring your lunch! The reason I moved to Florida was the gun friendly attitude!  ;D