Spike Camp

257 Vanguard won't eject/problem with service department

Re: 257 Vanguard won't eject/problem with service department
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 09:45:18 PM »
Yeah, definitely not trolling. I didn't know a guy couldn't come on a forum and ask a question. I had no reason to be on here before.

As stated before, Weatherby still has the gun or I would post a video of it right now.

I've added a screen shot of the first results that comes up when you do a simple google search of "Weatherby Vanguard won't eject shells," many of which are on this forum. I took Weatherby's direct language: she said "the tech couldn't replicate the problem" exactly.

Before you blast a guy you don't know, maybe give someone the benefit of the doubt when there is literally nothing to be gained by trolling here.

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 09:50:09 PM »
As for an update, I last talked to the Service Dept on Thursday the 21st. She said she'd check with the techs on Monday the 25th. I didn't hear from them this week. I assume this means that the techs did not check the problem with 115gr Nosler but rather with a different bullet, so then the gun has to go back to the starting line in their service schedule.

But again, I'm not concerned with the timeline as long as it gets fixed. I was hoping someone that experienced this problem before would chime in. I hope you all are right that the Service Dept will do whatever necessary to fix the gun because it shoots great with very little recoil.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 10:32:53 PM »
Josh more then once people have showed up on this forum to cause trouble and insult Weatherby, a couple of them were caught in outright lies and when they were called on it they disappeared. I don't know why some people enjoy being internet trolls and pissing people off, but they do. Most of us are die hard Weatherby fans and are more then a little protective.
Hopefully the service department figures out the problem if they can replicate it, it's to bad you couldn't talk to the person working on it. When you get it back if the problems not solved make a video and hopefully someone can help you here. Hunting with my Weatherby's I've never needed more then one shot so it possible one of mine has the same problem.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:00:55 AM by Blackbear3 »
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:23:32 PM by Blackbear3 »
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2017, 05:39:11 PM »
Yes I thought some of the comments made towards you Josh were a bit harsh. You seem legit. But don't take it to heart because as BlackBear said there has been a few trolls on here and some people are rather protective of Weatherbys and like to shoot first then ask questions lol.
Really they are a great bunch of guys and gals on here aswell as a wealth of knowledge.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 12:06:27 PM »
Hello Josh,

I'm kind of an old timer here, don't post much, have been a Weatherby owner for many years, had the same problem as you with a Vanguard, not the S2 version, in 257WM, it was an NRA model with black and gray spider webbing synthetic stock, blued steel.

Had exactly the same problem as you are having, so I know you're not a troll. I sold that rifle with the understanding that the new owner was aware of the problem with ejection, that's how I dealt with the problem.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:20:30 PM by karatoula »

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 03:05:32 PM »
I think the op should have waited until Weatherby returned the rifle with a note of explanation from the actual tech before writing up the incident. On return if the rifle is still not ejecting properly take it to an established gunsmith and get the rifle repaired if needed. If the Smith validates the rifle needed and received repair due to a manufacturing problem he should attach an itemized copy of the bill and request reimbursement from Weatherby. If they refuse to reimburse him then write the letter.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 05:16:21 AM »
Josh M, your last update was Sept. 28th, has Weatherby contacted you or you contacted Weatherby for more information?
DosEquisShooter

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 03:50:27 PM »
An update would be nice.

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 05:34:42 AM »
Was the rifle purchased new or used? Curious to see the update as well if it gets posted.

I own several Vangaurds including a 257 and I have never seen this issue in person.

If it were me, I would have put the factory trigger back on prior to sending the rifle back to Wby. Avoid that conversation altogether.
JW

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 07:37:11 PM »
Well I guess I'll be that guy once again and throw out the BS flag on this one.  We haven't heard any updates, each and every one of this guys posts are about this problem his rifle has, and to top it off he joined the site on September 22, threw up six posts about the rifle's problem, and hasn't been on here since October 02.  Each and every one of these things raises the BS flag higher up the flag pole for me.  Maybe I'm being a bit tough but we've seen stuff like this before and every time it turned out to be BS. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2017, 04:55:08 AM »
I tend to agree. It may be that the rifle had an issue, but Weatherby fixed it with haste and without fanfare, and that doesn't play well for his earlier griping. More likely is he doesn't even own a Vanguard and is pure troll. I'm with you, Chris. This is yet another BS story.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie