Spike Camp

Bump Stocks

Re: Bump Stocks
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 06:11:07 AM »
The problem with letting the libtards get away with banning the bump fire stock is it's the start down the slippery slope.  If that bill even gets passed, which I don't think it will, I doubt President Trump would sign it.  Hopefully I'm right but time will tell. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »
Blackbear, that is very true.  I don't remember which month it was, but in a weekend alone, there were something like 200 shootings in Chicago.  But it is true, that the Lying Media will never reports that. 

Banning the bump stock is just a feel better measurement by the left.  Bump stocks have been in the market for years, and I want to say that the first time I saw one was prob about 12-15 years ago.  From all the pictures the Lying Media has put on TV, only one of the ARs had them.  Next thing you'll see is that they are going to come after the magazine, because this clown had them.  In so many years, this is the first time one has actually been used to commit a crime.

I suspect most avid gun owners already know this but it is a good set of FACTS to use if you ever find yourself in a discussion with gun grabbers.

There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. The U.S. population is 324,059,091 as of June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.000000925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:

• 65% of those deaths are by suicide, which would never be prevented by gun laws.
• 15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified.
• 17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons – better known as gun violence.
• 3% are accidental discharge deaths.

So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Now lets look at how those deaths spanned across the nation.

• 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
• 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
• 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
• 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)

So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.  This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 378.  Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So if all cities and states are not created equal, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.
Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, (censored), assault are all done by criminals. It is ludicrous to think that criminals will obey laws. That is why they are called criminals.

But what about other deaths each year?

• 40,000+ die from a drug overdose–THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
• 36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths.
• 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide).
Now it gets good:
• 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer walking in the worst areas of Chicago than you are when you are in a hospital!
• 710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers!

So what is the point? If the liberal loons and the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.). A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total number of gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides ................ Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions! So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns?

It's pretty simple: Taking away guns gives control to governments. The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.

Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs. So the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed."

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 03:06:56 PM »
Great post, PARA45!  What part of the second amendment says what weapons or add ons we can't have? I for one am waiting to hear the add ons Pelosi, Feinstein and company put on this no cost to the taxpayer  feel good bill. You trust them? LOL! These politicians are the poster people for term limits! What part of the Bill of Rights is next to fall? The liberal left is trying hard to dictate what kind of speech is covered by those same Bill of Rights. Pick and chose exactly what you are willing to give up in the name of the "common good" ? Backing anything from Feinstein is a MISTAKE!

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »
Great post Para45, I agree a 100% with everything you said. The unfortunate part is there isn't an Anti-gun zealot out there that cares about any of those facts. By far the stupidest thing I ever did in my life was start a Facebook account. A vast majority of the crap on there is antigun, anti-Trump and anti-hunting posts by my female friends and relatives. Censorship is alive and well on Facebook too.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 08:03:28 AM »
Excellent breakdown, Para45! I wish I were smart enough to do the math, and I'm grateful to you for taking the time to do it. The problem (which every gun owner knows) is that it has nothing to do with saving lives (more lives are saved by guns every year than are taken in any ten-year period) but everything to do with control. What I found so preposterous during the last election was the progressive left calling Trump a "fascist." Fascism means, by definition, a strong, centrally controlled government, and you can't have that if you have an armed populace; whichever politician calls most loudly for gun control is the one who is most fascist in his leaning. But the progressive left has learned from their idol, Saul Alinski, who is most famous for his maxim: "He who controls language controls the masses." That alone is a good reason never to buy a newspaper or watch a mainstream news broadcast without reminding yourself that most of what you read or see is a lie, and the rest is a product of ignorance. (And my grandfather was a newspaperman, and my father got his start as one, but that was back in simpler times.) The same lies are repeated over and over again, and a predominantly urban population, one that has grown up without ever even seeing a firearm, believes the lies.
JP
Moderator Jameson Parker
www.readjamesonparker.com

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 07:54:35 AM »
Just a snippet of information on a new bill(not Diane Fienstein's bill) that is being proposed. I copied and pasted this short piece from a lengthy article. Hopefully it will be voted down or overhauled to something we can live with. At least our new administration isn't an anti-gun lobby like it use to be.

A pair of Democrats and Republicans introduced a new bill on Tuesday that would subject bump-fire stocks and other devices to the same regulations as machine guns and other highly regulated firearms.
The bill, named the Closing the Bump-Stock Loophole Act, would add "a reciprocating stock, or any other device which is designed to accelerate substantially the rate of fire of a semiautomatic weapon" to the purview of the National Firearms Act, which currently regulates machine guns, short-barreled rifles or shotguns, silencers, and other firearms. The bill does not define what a "reciprocating stock" is or set a standard for what constitutes a substantial increase to the rate of fire of a semi-automatic weapon. The bill would give those who already own devices covered under the new regulations a year to comply with them by completing the background checks, registration, and pay the tax stamp required by the National Firearms Act. Those caught with unregistered devices after that point would be subject to federal prosecution.

"The NRA opposes the overly broad legislation being offered by congressman Fitzpatrick, which is not limited to bumpstocks and includes many commonly owned firearm accessories," Jennifer Baker, a spokesperson for the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, told the Washington Free Beacon.
The NRA reiterated its position that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) should reconsider its 2010 classification of bump-fire stocks as outside the purview of federal firearms laws.
DosEquisShooter

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 08:59:40 AM »
The devil is always in the details, and all the proposals so far are vague and far-reaching. I'm pretty confident that is by design, and these laws would be used to regulatory do under a democrat administration what can't be done legislatively. We've seen this precedent with obama's war on firearms banking, and ammo, and it won't be lost on the next dem president that the opport unity to circumvent the Constitutionally recognized rights is vested in the bureaucracy.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2017, 10:10:22 AM »
Great comments guys. The simple root of all this is that liberals/democrats despise firearms vehemently (especially in civilian hands) and will do anything under the sun to destroy our so called "gun culture" entirely. They also believe you and I have no right to defend ourselves and our families because the police will take care of us. They live in a fantasy world - in a home invasion their main duty is to bring body bags for the victims and investigate. My world and hopefully yours if it happened, the body bags are for the thugs. In England, you have to fully submit to criminals or you are the one wearing the handcuffs. That's what they want here.
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.