Spike Camp

Bump Stocks

224KING

• View Profile
Bump Stocks
« on: October 06, 2017, 04:06:16 AM »
Any members out there have one of these on your AR?

I've heard of them only because a company,not far away,builds them.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

badsection

Re: Bump Stocks
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 04:29:02 AM »
I have heard of them and seen videos of there use prior to this latest lunacy but I don't own one.  :)

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 06:37:27 AM »
Heres something liberal politicians didn't expect, but then, "they don't believe" that millions of Americans across the country have enough integrity or common sense to help legislate gun laws, defend the Second Amendment and do the right thing to keep America safe.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/breaking-nra-supports-ban-bump-stocks/

DosEquisShooter

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 11:13:04 AM »
The NRA is making the same mistake Smith&Wesson made in dealing with the Clinton administration. Pelosi has already said she hopes this is the beginning of the slippery slope. That alone should be enough reason for the NRA to take a step back. But they're frankly becoming more irrelevant by the day, IMO. This will cause them no small loss, and will result in nothing but problems for gun owners and manufacturers. No goOD will come of this.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

badsection

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 01:11:13 PM »
I believe the politicians are rushing this one or just reaching for headlines.  In reality, the loon in Lost Wages could have done the same basic thing with a semi auto without the bump stock, IMO.  I agree, it is opening a door for the likes of Pelosi.

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 01:59:36 PM »
I agree with both of you, you give into the anti's this easily then they'll just tack something else on. Pelosi will probably try tacking things on to the same bump stock bill, give them NOTHING!!! Evil will just find a different way to accomplish more senseless murders.
Doug

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 02:07:57 PM »
I had the hellfire trigger system one. Did the same thing but just went behind the trigger.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 08:17:18 PM »
Let'em ban the damn bump stock.Can't see the need for one anyway.Way better than some of the other things they want to do.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 08:57:09 PM »
Maybe we should ban Democrats?
Doug

Fubarracin

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 09:37:23 PM »
Haha i can bump fire all day long and iv never so much as laid eyes on one of those stocks haha

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 09:15:42 AM »
A copy of Feinsteins proposed Bill.

“It shall be unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a trigger crank, a bump-fire device or any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machine gun,” the bill states.
Doug

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 03:56:27 PM »
Notice, it's confiscatory in nature, first. She's trying to see if they can get away with requiring a national "turn them in" action. And notice, as well, it's vague enough that a leftist bureaucrat-zealot in the BATFE can interpret it to mean enough different things that, under this existing bill, as written, the mere ability to use a device called your finger to actuate the trigger too quickly will eventually make your firearms subject to confiscation.

The issue here is people control, not gun control. And the means is confiscation. The NRA has jumped the shark.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 05:42:04 PM »
This is just my general opinion for now. I don't believe the NRA is ready to sell the farm just yet. My thinking is that the face of the NRA has to relate to the compassionate side of this issue for now, and well they should as people all across the country have been affected by the shooting. No matter how legal your arguments for opposing this ban are, taking a step back while the nation grieves is probably prudent. Wayne LaPierre is usually an extremist when it comes to defending the 2nd Amendment and the NRA, and neither he or the NRA have issued any official statements, so the  media can't begin to take things out of context yet. (which they will anyway) The NRA has always fought for gun rights of the people, and the political left has always, and in no uncertain terms across the country, viewed and called the NRA the Evil Empire. I can't say whats in the minds of the NRA officials and their lawyers, but they've been in situations like this before where they've had to defend an unpopular view and they've beaten back most unlawful legislative proposals, either with a vote or in the Supreme Court. I would be very surprised if this were very different. A bump stock ban may be in order, but the NRA knows all about the slippery slope and how sanky left wing politicians work. JMO
DosEquisShooter

fuonlynu

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 06:52:45 PM »
Its one of the lamest concepts ever created for the AR platform. Take it! Be happy.

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 06:54:53 PM »
I don't know if the facts in this picture on Chicago is true, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.
Doug