Spike Camp

Trail cam pics

fuonlynu

Trail cam pics
« on: October 08, 2017, 01:25:45 PM »
My first Deer stand, Feeder, Deer food plot set up. Got lots of doe other critters and these. ;D

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Trail cam pics
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 01:40:06 PM »
That doesn't look like a doe to me! That's a nice buck you have on camera. Hope you get him!
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

fuonlynu

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 02:13:48 PM »
Doe pics are boring ;) We actually believe this is two separate deer with one being in two of the pics. We will probably never see him or them in shooting hours but the fact remains we lured them into our area right to our stand after days of cutting,disking and hours of hand sowing the seed and pouring trails of corn from more than a 1/4 mile away. We have watched the deer come in the evening and they all follow the trail. We've not actually let an arrow fly yet but time is running out. I am thinking it's going to be a Muzzle loader hunt that takes the deer. I may shoot a doe or two with archery if they present a good shot we are using recurves.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 02:18:26 PM »
Those are two very deer, good luck to ya!  I hope you get a chance on them. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 02:58:46 PM »
Nice! Hope you get a shot or two at them!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 03:11:20 PM »
I remember you saying y’all just got the place this year. If you don’t mind saying, what part of TX you guys hunting?

fuonlynu

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 05:31:19 PM »
I remember you saying y’all just got the place this year. If you don’t mind saying, what part of TX you guys hunting?

I live in Conroe north of Houston this property is 40 minutes further north in Huntsville. It's 200 acres with about 175 huntable for us.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 05:46:27 PM »
Never know when the bucks will show when the rut is on.Last week of bow season there and first couple weeks rifle.Good luck.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 05:59:15 PM »

I live in Conroe north of Houston this property is 40 minutes further north in Huntsville. It's 200 acres with about 175 huntable for us.

I’ve only ever been on a pig hunt out that way one time, but it seemed like real nice country. Hope it treats you well!

fuonlynu

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 06:10:15 PM »

Thank you, I sure there were pigs on or near this property but that isn't the case this time.

I’ve only ever been on a pig hunt out that way one time, but it seemed like real nice country. Hope it treats you well!

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 06:43:21 PM »
My first Deer stand, Feeder, Deer food plot set up. . ;D
Looks like your Huntsville lease area has some deer with good gene potential. Hard to tell age from pictures, but if I had to guess I'd say between 31/2 to 4 or possibly 5 years, which also could mean theres not much hunting pressure in the area, or they've been nocturnal for the last couple of years. You can see pretty good antler mass on the main beams in the first and third frames and even though the tines aren't as thick, they're nice and long and it wouldn't hurt to take at least one of those bucks out. (if you see them while your on stand) Best of luck, whether bow, muzzle loader, or rifle.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 08:10:47 PM »
Confused.Archery only season goes to November 3 so you still have plenty of time.No ML only hunts until January 8.Kudos to you if you are only going to use the bow and ML all thru the modern rifle season.
Roger

fuonlynu

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 08:31:58 PM »
Thanks and yes the property owner asked us to not use centerfire rifles. He is looking out for his neighboring farmers dwellings, equipment and thier livestock. I dont blame him at all.

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 08:56:46 PM »
Ouch.No Weatherbys.Sorry.
Roger

zonie

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 09:14:48 PM »
We just got back from Smithville Tx,   sister-in-law has a little summer place outside town.  Get up in the morning take a shower and watch deer in the front yard deer everywhere.  Went and did a little fishing at port Lavaca and a little pier @ Indianola bayside,  a lot of little one's we threw back.  Now my wife a Texas girl wants to move back to  be close to family when she retires.  So it looks like we may move in a few years and become snow birds living maybe  in TX in the winter and AZ mountains in the summer.   
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:18:12 PM by zonie »