Spike Camp

Weatherby smoke poles

Weatherby smoke poles
« on: October 08, 2017, 09:02:54 PM »
Lot's of folks hunt with smoke poles so has Weatherby thought about tapping into this market?

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

Re: Weatherby smoke poles
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 05:38:11 AM »
I don't think so and doubt they would.  There was a company that made high end inline muzzle loaders, Austin Hallock, but they went out of business.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:14:37 AM »
It's been mentioned here in the past, but I agree with Chris it would be very surprising to see Weatherby come out with a muzzleloader.
Doug

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 09:00:05 AM »
Too late to get into that game, but I don't think Weatherby has ever given it a thought. Most of the classic muzzleloader styles have already been reproduced, so building something that would appeal to  "all" hunters/shooters in order to be a success, along with developing the unique Weatherby brand muzzleloader ammunition would be way more than they could handle as a small company.(comparatively speaking) I agree with Chris and Blackbear3, theres just nothing to be gained by simply slapping the Weatherby name on a copycat muzzleloader.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:57:49 PM by danno50 »
DosEquisShooter

badsection

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 03:01:18 PM »
I have no interest in a muzzle loader. There is no advantage for me to have one since I only hunt hogs on private property, any center fire is a legal weapon.  :)

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 07:59:08 PM »
I don't think so and doubt they would.  There was a company that made high end inline muzzle loaders, Austin Hallock, but they went out of business.
I believe these were on Howa actions if I remember right.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 08:01:52 PM »
Everyone know I would like it. Smokeless will have a market for a longtime. Thats because you could still use black powder if your state requires it. My state like many others when it’s Muzzleloading season we can use anything that is a muzzleloader.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 05:36:19 AM »
I initially didn't think there was much merit to this idea, then I looked at the Austin & Halleck muzzleloader mentioned above. Those are incredible and appear to be made on a Howa 1500 (Vanguard) action.

I can't see why this couldn't be offered at least through the custom shop. I would try to copy the Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader ignition system and marry it to the Vanguard action.

I think this is a good idea...
JK

fuonlynu

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 06:14:15 AM »
They should have accuired Austin & Halleck when they went under. Knight & Hale did nice inlunes and dropped the whole line. There had to be good reason.

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 08:39:35 AM »
If they would I would buy one.
So if EVER this is an idea keep me and and a couple others in mind Weatherby. And Huntnmachine also :)
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 09:21:38 AM »
I think the major reason Austin & Hallock went under was there wasn't much of a market for a high grade muzzle loader that ran around $1,000.  I'm not sure if it was built on a Howa action or not so I can't comment on that.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 06:07:04 PM »
That is a great looking muzzle loader, but I doubt I'd want to pay $1000 for one.   :(
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »
If it had that Mark V look it would sell.

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 07:16:06 PM »
You could do the same muzzleloader with a composite stock and reduce the price to around $600-$700. If Remington is marketing one, there must be a demand.
JK