Spike Camp

SA-08 or Element - 20ga - Which one?

SA-08 or Element - 20ga - Which one?
« on: October 30, 2017, 07:26:47 AM »
Looking to pick up my first 20ga for some upland bird hunting, something lighter than current 12ga.  I've always been a fan of gassers (Rem 1100, Winchester SX3), so was leaning towards the SA-08 except I wanted a camo version, which only comes in a Compact.  I'm 6'4" so that won't work.  Then I saw the Element and peaked my interest, but have never owned an inertia gun.  Was just wondering how the recoil is on the inertia system over the gas. 

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hawk

Re: SA-08 or Element - 20ga - Which one?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 10:31:48 AM »
I have never shot either of these but in  my experiences with other flavors it seemed the inertia driven guns definetly kicked harder.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

galamb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 05:17:04 PM »
The SA-08 (or ATA CY) is a pleasure to shoot in 12 gauge compared to most others I have ever had at my shoulder so the 20 should barely make you aware that you pulled the trigger.

I have shot the Element in 20 gauge (we picked up a few "Canadian Upland Specials" that Weatherby was nice enough to make up for us north of the border) and they do (push) a little harder than 20 gauge gas guns but still less then a gas/12.

I personally would lean towards the inertia even with the bit more thump - just one less component to get clogged up/cause an issue at an inopportune time - if I was in the market for a semi in 20 gauge.

(I am a 20 gauge shooter, have a single shot which kicks harder then the Element, a pair of pumps (one is a PA-08 which is one of the lightest pumps I have ever carried that I use for Turkey) and an O/U)
Graham
R.C.A.F (Retired)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North EH!

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 08:57:52 AM »
I own the SA-08 in 20 ga.  I bought it because of its light weight as compared to my 1187 12ga.  I have had no problems with the SA-08 and really like the gun.