Spike Camp

What to do? Advice Please

What to do? Advice Please
« on: November 07, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »
Can you guys help me decide.. I have a New in Box unfired Vanguard S2 Range Certified in 300 WM that I bought second hand for a pretty good deal however I am not in love with the green color of the stock or the blued metal work.. I prefer stainless on a black stock. I know I'm being picky, but it just ain't doin it for me. Anyway I have come to the conclusion that I can do one of two things.

1. get the rifle Cerakoted to my liking and rest assured that I have a Very accurate rifle
2. sell it and buy a new Vanguard Accuguard (stainless / black) just the way I like.. also fluted which is nice.

This will be a big game rifle with a fair bit of range time.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What to do? Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 11:39:20 AM »
I would probably sell it and buy an Accuguard if it was my decision to make.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 11:52:21 AM »
Agree with Doug. Get the Accuguard. You will still have a very accurate rifle.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:59:02 PM »
That's where I'm leaning... probly have to sit on the RC for a bit till it sells, but at least I get what I want. I have not seen one in person, just internet pictures, can anyone tell me if there is a slight palm swell at the grip like there is on the basic synthetic Vanguards? My RC has the bell carlson stock but doesn't have any discernible palm swell.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 03:09:16 PM »
They both will serve you well. But with that being said, a person has to be satisfied and happy with what they are using. If you are set on another model, then you should sell it and go for the other one.
Ken 
If it cant be killed with a Weatherby, you may want to just leave it alone!

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 06:22:11 PM »
I would get the Accuguard because if you Cerakote the rifle and you ever sell it in the future it's going to reduce it's value.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 06:38:34 PM »
I would get the Accuguard because if you Cerakote the rifle and you ever sell it in the future it's going to reduce it's value.

Good point.

Stacy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 06:54:57 AM »
I would go for what you really want. If it were my decision, I would go for the stainless rifle.       

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 01:00:23 PM »
I would sell it and get what you want. lol

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 02:06:34 PM »
I'm with the majority. Buy what you really want. The guns I enjoy are the ones I really wanted to buy. I enjoy looking at the rifle when I am hunting, at home when I clean it, at the range when I fire it and also buy the scope you really want on top of it.
You will never truly enjoy your rifle unless you get exactly what you desire. Don't settle for something else.
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.