Spike Camp

Laser Bore Sight 240wby

Laser Bore Sight 240wby
« on: November 11, 2017, 08:39:10 AM »
I generally use a laser bore sight when trying to get on paper before running rounds down range but haven't been able to find one for the 240. I just bought a Vanguard synthetic and would like to get it bore sighted before going to the range. Any suggestions?

BTW I am putting on a laminate stock from Stocky's and a Leupold 4.5-14x VX-3i so it should be pretty sweet for whitetail, exotics, and long range varmints. Excited to finally have the 240, I've wanted one for many years but my Model 70 never gave me a reason to get a new rifle.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Laser Bore Sight 240wby
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 09:15:47 AM »
I've tried them all and now the only one I use is a wheeler professional laser bore sighter-green. It's a laser attached with a magnet to the end of the barrel. It's by far the most accurate method I've used.
Welcome to the Nation!!!
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 03:06:19 PM »
What about getting a small laser pointer, turn it on, place it in the action and slide it toward or into the chamber as far as it will go without getting stuck, and use that for a bore sight.  I know it's not perfect but basically it's the same thing other than being shaped as a bullet.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 03:27:09 PM »
I use the old school method.Sand bag or put the rifle in a vise.Pull the bolt and look thru the muzzle at 10-25 yds (whatever you have) Put a piece of tape etc where it is centered or put up a target and center it on a specific spot.Then adjust turrets on scope to get crosshairs to same spot.Remember you have to turn turrets in opposite direction from what it says on the turret.
Who needs a reason for a new rifle. ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:28:58 PM by terminator »
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:12:54 AM »
Thanks for all the replies. I have used the tried and true method of looking through the bore at a target and adjusting the cross hairs and I have a .270 laser casing I could try but wondered if there was a laser casing that would fit very close. Based on what I've been able to drag up the 30-06 might work. I'm just excited to put some rounds through it!

petey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 11:26:38 AM »
I use the old school method.Sand bag or put the rifle in a vise.Pull the bolt and look thru the muzzle at 10-25 yds (whatever you have)
It worked so well with my first rifle, I never needed a boresighter.  I'd hang my blaze ballcap down range and pointed muzzle and scope at it.. on the paper at 25 yds every time.   ;D