Spike Camp

Defect gun

robert@wilserv.net

Defect gun
« on: November 17, 2017, 06:36:20 AM »
I recently had a Weatherby 270 rifle fire while on safety. I have repeatedly sent urgent messages for over a Month to this company to try and figure out what I need to do. My messages have been ignored and my last mail to them was putting them on notice that in the event someone is injured with this defect rifle the ignored messages would be used in a suit. No more Weatherbys for me.
Robert wilson

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Defect gun
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 06:38:32 AM »
I have immense trouble believing this story, based on everything I know about Weatherby rifles and customer service.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 06:47:45 AM »
And by the way, you knowingly putting ammo into a rifle you deem unsafe isn't a liability for Weatherby, it's a liability for you. Same as if you knew your car's brakes were bad and drove it anyway. That's not going to be Ford or Chevy's fault. Good luck.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 07:03:19 AM »
Theres probably more to this story than your telling and could be a reason for the lack of response, or you really haven't talked to anyone at Weatherby (1-800-227-2016) to try and resolve problem, if it falls within the warranty.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:30:17 AM »
Here we go again with this crap.  Yes I called it crap and am flat out call you a liar, even to your face if I ever meet you, that Weatherby ignored your urgent messages for over a month.  We all know Weatherby has an extremely high level of customer service if not the best and IF you actually emailed them once let alone multiple times someone would've read that email relatively soon and not ignored them.  What's mind boggling is that you, as you claimed, repeatedly emailed them rather than calling them since, using your own word, these were urgent messages and they went unanswered.  As for putting Weatherby on notice about if someone is hurt from YOU USING a rifle that YOU KNOW IS DEFECTIVE and UNSAFE the LIABILITY FALLS ON YOU!  YES YOU because you exercised GROSS NEGLIGENCE BY USING IT!  Someone who's willing to continue to use any firearm that has fired with the safety on as you claim is the poster child for someone who shouldn't own any firearms. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 08:11:03 AM »
I tell you what, Robert, I'll take that 270 off your hands today. PM me and we will agree on a price, based on what model rifle it is and the condition it's in. And I suggest you don't buy anymore Weatherby products, as they are not suitable for you.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 08:20:24 AM »
I tell you what, Robert, I'll take that 270 off your hands today. PM me and we will agree on a price, based on what model rifle it is and the condition it's in. And I suggest you don't buy anymore Weatherby products, as they are not suitable for you.

:) :) :) Thank you Dubyam.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 08:22:42 AM »
Also.... syntax....(original post)
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 08:50:03 AM »
BTW, Weatherby is closed on Fridays. I have a feeling the OP just wanted to provoke the Nation for his own sport.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 08:55:03 AM »
I agree with you totally.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 09:29:19 AM »
Not sure why this didn't post earlier, but here is a little additional information.

I emailed the seller, asked some questions about the rifle, and offered to buy it. His response tells me he's a lying troll. He said he didn't want to sell it, but didn't answer any of the other questions I asked. He's going to pay to have it fixed because Weatherby doesn't care about the issue. Never mind that being contrary to what he posted above - that he was done with Weatherby rifles. Yeah, total BS from a troll and a liar.

Jameson

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »
I will alert Weatherby to this gentleman's original post and let them deal with it, but like everyone else, I have my doubts...
JP

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 09:58:22 AM »
Thank you Jameson.  Also if possible could you have Weatherby comment on this topic and reveal the truth to us, which I firmly believe we already know.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:31:11 AM by Chris338378 »

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 11:13:13 AM »
I agree. A total piece of crap. Weatherby would never ignore such an email, and I don't think any other gun company would do so either.
Any man who would compromise his freedom in pursuit of safety deserves neither freedom or safety...BF

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 01:14:24 PM »
Total nonsense. No credibility whatsoever.