Spike Camp

Weatherby Element Deluxe recoil pad

Weatherby Element Deluxe recoil pad
« on: November 20, 2017, 09:53:40 AM »
Hey all,

I got my Element Deluxe (12ga) a month ago and I have been shooting religiously every weekend. The gun is the thing of beauty (points well, cycles shells like champ, and gorgeous to boot), but I am curious if anyone has replaced the stock recoil pad with a slightly beefier recoil pad. I cannot find anything concrete on which model number (ie Limbsaver, Kick-EEZ, and etc) pad to buy, as Weatherby is sort of an outlier compared to a major player like say Browning or Remington.

I would hate to ruin the Element's good looks by slipping on a ghastly recoil pad. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks in advance! 

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Weatherby Element Deluxe recoil pad
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »
The best option would be to fork over the $70-100 and have a local gunsmith grind a pad to fit. The Pachmyr Decelerator is one of the best on the market for stability and recoil absorption.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 11:53:55 AM »
@dubyam thank you! I guess I'll be inquiring at my local gunsmith.  ;D

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 12:41:50 PM »
And on the plus side of Duby's suggestion, altering the stock with a new recoil pad will not void your warranty. +1 on the Pachmyr Decelerator.
DosEquisShooter