Re: Late Season Moose Hunt
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 05:49:44 PM »
We keep pretty busy raising wolves to sell to the US Forest Service. ;) ;D
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 05:54:51 PM »
Oh so that's it  ;D ;D
Have heard reports from Canada, western US, to states like  Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan about the increase in wolf problems or should l say sign 😎

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 06:03:15 PM »
Sorry y'all didn't get anything.Looks damn cold to me. :o Thanks for the pictures.Nail those wolves next year.Never seen a wolf.How much do you think they weighed?
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 06:21:52 PM »
Boy, bummer you guys didn't get anything.  However, I measure my hunting success with the quality time I spent in the woods with friends & my son.   Buy a wolf tag next time, and try to get one. :) 

I've heard those Timber Wolf are pretty big animals, I think they can get into the 150 lbs range.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 07:17:27 PM »
Is that normal to see that much wolf sign? Seems like people are seeing more wolf sign everywhere

Up in the Northern Ontario bush it is normal to see evidence of Timber wolfs

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 07:19:33 PM »
Damn the bad luck. If you guys had seen a moose, would the guy who saw him first get to shoot? What was the average temperature during the 8 day hunt? Nice pictures. Looks like a merry troop of hunters in your group, which one is you? Seems like you'd have to be kinda lucky to spot a wolf to shoot as wary as they are, unless you could bait em for a few days? Just thinking it might be hard to spot and stalk with a group of eight. Guess you never know, next year you might spot a pack of wolves feeding on a moose carcass and use a tag that way? (its probably against the law to bait wolves anyway)
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 07:19:48 PM »
Sorry y'all didn't get anything.Looks damn cold to me. :o Thanks for the pictures.Nail those wolves next year.Never seen a wolf.How much do you think they weighed?

Roger, they can weigh up to 175 lbs but most would be in the 100 to 125 lb range. I have seen them live and they are very impressive animals

Terry
OFHA and CCFR member

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 07:30:05 PM »
Damn the bad luck. If you guys had seen a moose, would the guy who saw him first get to shoot? What was the average temperature during the 8 day hunt? Nice pictures. Looks like a merry troop of hunters in your group, which one is you? Seems like you'd have to be kinda lucky to spot a wolf to shoot as wary as they are, unless you could bait em for a few days? Just thinking it might be hard to spot and stalk with a group of eight. Guess you never know, next year you might spot a pack of wolves feeding on a moose carcass and use a tag that way? (its probably against the law to bait wolves anyway)

We can party hunt here in Ontario so anyone in our group could have shot it provided they are in radio/cell phone contact with the person that holds the adult tag. The temperature ranged from 32 deg f to 7 deg f day temps with night temps dipping to -10 deg f wind chill. I am the one second from the right in the back row

Terry
OFHA and CCFR member

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 07:35:29 PM »
Boy, bummer you guys didn't get anything.  However, I measure my hunting success with the quality time I spent in the woods with friends & my son.   Buy a wolf tag next time, and try to get one. :) 

I've heard those Timber Wolf are pretty big animals, I think they can get into the 150 lbs range.

I agree that the success of the hunt is not measured by the harvest and friends and family will always win out. We will be packing wolf tags next year, I would love to add one to my game room. As mentioned in a previous post they are very impressive animals

Terry
OFHA and CCFR member

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 08:56:52 PM »
Wolves are getting to be a problem around here also. They really are a impressive animal to see in the wild, I've seen them many times, over the years, working winters in the bush, in northern western Canada.

Rob