Spike Camp

reloading data...

reloading data...
« on: November 27, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
well me and my two boys all shoot a 300 weatherby.. I have avoided it all these years but have to start reloading.... I would like to load a factory load, I shoot weatherby ammo 180 gr nosler partition... any one have any input on this ? thanks M@

Re: reloading data...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:45:41 AM »
you should post this in the reloading section, you would have had a few replies. If you don't have the reloading equipment yet, I would, suggest starting out simple, and get one of the reloading starting kits, and a set of dies, various companies offer. I have mostly RCBS equipment, but Hornady, Redding, and a few others make good kits. Also, get a few reloading manuals, of the bullets that you are going to use, and read them, before you start. Keep it simple to start out with.

Factory ammo, uses powders, that are rarely available to reloader's, so most times, you wont get exactly the same load as factory ammo. But you can easily get close, or better than factory ammo, with some experimenting. In my 300's, it's wasn't to hard, to match closely the factory 180gr nosler load, using either MRP, RL22 and 7828ssc powders and same OAL as factory ammo.  8)

Rob
cfp-223REM
accumark-223Rem
ultralite-240 Wby
synthetic-240 Wby
synthetic-257 Wby
ultralite-270 Wby
fibermark-270 Wby
accumark-270 Wby
accumark-7mm Wby
stainless-300 Wby
fibermark-300Wby
accumark-30378 Wby
fibermark-340 Wby
accumark-338378 Wby
custom-375 Wby
DGR-378 Wby
DGR-416 Wby
custom DGR-460 Wby

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 11:15:43 AM »
+1 on what catskinner suggested.  MRP seems to come close to matching a lot of the factory loads. https://www.norma.cc/en/Ammunition-Academy/Loading-Data/
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 12:24:32 PM »
Catskinner and Blackbear have you well advised. I can only add that right now Midsouth Shooter's Supply has (or had a few days ago) some gokd deals on Hornady reloading kits. Start with a single stage press, and go slow. The first goal is safety. It's also the second. Third is accuracy, and fourth is velocity. Keep the first two in mind and the latter two will follow.

I've had god results with IMR7828ssc and H1000 under various 180gr bullets. My current favorite is the 180 Nosler E-Tip, but I'd suggest you start loading lead core stuff first, as the monoliths are less forgiving. Since you've used Partitions a while, they would be a good place to start.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 08:31:00 PM »
Yup if you are going.to be loading  partitions find a Nosler reloading manual and read it , then follow it to a T. Other manuals will offer safety so also read them as the other fellers mentioned and take your time, it is best to scale every powder charge.