Spike Camp

Miss Piggy

224KING

• View Profile
Re: Miss Piggy
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2017, 05:28:52 PM »
Guess I need to go back to the bench and check my rifle out.Missed a big white sow this evening with black splotches.Ranged at 334 yards.Took my time and it was dead still.Have no idea where the shot went.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2017, 08:46:33 PM »
Dang. That stinks about the pigs. Let us know what you find at the range. This is why it’s nice to have multiple rifles!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2017, 06:30:47 PM »
I'm back on track.Shot a big white sow at 265 this evening.She moved right as I pulled the trigger.Gut shot.Heard the thud.She ran towards the thick mesquites and the creek.While I was looking for her about 8 or 9 young pigs were close to the creek I guess trying to get back with the main herd.When you shoot one in the open wheat field all hell breaks loose and they go everywhere.Well I shot one of the little males at about 35 yards.I would have taken pics,but I could barely see the crosshairs when I shot him it was so dark.

As far as my rifle goes,I think one of my "friends" jacked with my windage dial.It should have been on zero,but wasn't.My 1st shot at a 100 was 2.5 inches right.Took the cap off and that's when I noticed it wasn't on zero.The elevation dial is always exposed,but I constantly know where it is.It's hard to mess with it without me knowing.Always moving it up or down with different distance shots.There has been several of buddies riding with me lately so I don't know exactly who it is,but the first one that asks me how my gun is shooting might get a fat lip.

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2017, 06:45:02 PM »
Glad you got it figured out, nothing more aggravating then missing a shot you are sure you have made.

Hope you can rain some more havoc on those pigs. :) :)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »
Lol, Gotta watch out for "friends".May be time to switch over to AR's of some caliber and do some blasting or lots of tannerite surrounded by corn and then shoot it. :o
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 06:58:36 PM »
Lol, Gotta watch out for "friends".May be time to switch over to AR's of some caliber and do some blasting or lots of tannerite surrounded by corn and then shoot it. :o

Would that be "Shock and AWE shucks"? ;D
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2017, 07:25:51 PM »
Could have killed 8 to 10,maybe 11 pigs with one shot this afternoon,but my heart wasn't in it.I hate to see suffering.There was a sow with a fresh batch of piglets.Maybe 8 to 10 of them.Maybe just 2 to 2-1/2 pounds.They were nursing as she walked across the wheat field.She was only about a 130 yards out when I shot the big white sow.Those piglets would have had a 2 or 3 day suffering death if I had shot their mother.Just couldn't do it.

Remember 10534

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2017, 10:18:09 AM »
Good call 224 King.  I know you are trying to get rid of the pigs, but somethings you just don't do.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2017, 05:53:17 AM »
6.5-284 strikes again.255 yards DRT.Perfect heart shot.She didn't even have time to spit her wheat out.Sassy's first up close with a pig.

Remember 10534

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2017, 05:08:51 PM »
That is 1 fat piggy. Sassy is saying let me at her. ;D
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2017, 10:03:04 AM »
Awesome!  Congrats on getting back on track!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".