Spike Camp

My military career

PARA45

• View Profile
My military career
« on: December 04, 2017, 08:14:14 AM »
Good morning everyone.  It is with a heavy heart that I announce to you the end of a wonderful career in the greatest air force in the world.  Yesterday was my last official day in the in the uniform, and I will officially be retire by 14 Dec.  Throughout my career, I had the privilege and honor to serve with some of the best men and women in the world.  I also lost a couple of friends and great Americans along the way.   I would like express my most sincere thanks to all who served with me, and thanks to all who supported me during all these years.

By the time it's all over, I will have served a total of 34 years, 9 months & 28 days.  All I can say is, where did it go?  If I had to do it all over again, I would sign up without any hesitation.   

I'd like thank our wonderful Nation for opening the doors to my parents, and for giving me the privilege and honor to serve in the best military in the world.  God bless America!

I will continue to work, and I landed a straight civilian job here on base.  I will continue to be involved with military one way or another, but without the uniform.

It's a bitter sweet feeling now that I will not have to wear the uniform.  Go Air Force!!!!!

Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

Re: My military career
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 08:34:48 AM »
Thank you for you service :)

Hope you can a bit more time off to do some hunting. :) :)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 08:38:30 AM »
Enjoy your retirement, you've definitely earned a break. Thanks for all your service years, not many spend that much time doing one thing but the good thing about the military is you get to travel and see a lot of this world, some places good, some not so good. I'm sure your family is proud of you, I don't personally know you but I'm glad to know you on here and of what you've accomplished.

PS. Go Marines ;)
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 09:02:49 AM »
Congratulations on a well-earned retirement, Oscar. And thank you for your service.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

badsection

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 09:12:32 AM »
Thanks for your service! Good luck on the retirement!    ;D

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 10:04:44 AM »
Congratulations on the retirement.Well deserved.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

zonie

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 10:06:44 AM »
Congratulations to the end of your service career and a new beginning with another career.  Pretty cool. 

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »
Thank you for your service, god bless and good luck to you!

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 11:46:40 AM »
Thank you gents, I appreciate your kind words & wishes. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 12:08:18 PM »
Congrats on a great career and all the best in the future. Enjoy your retirement.
Any man who would compromise his freedom in pursuit of safety deserves neither freedom or safety...BF

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 12:21:31 PM »
Congrats on a splendid career Oscar.
Aussie gun nut.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 03:07:53 PM »
Congratulations on a fine career and the start of another one. It is stories like yours that easily remind me just exactly why this country we live in is so great. I was lucky enough to be born here, but families like your's coming to the U.S.A. make it an even better place to live. Thank you for your service and answering the call to safeguard all of our freedoms for so long. God Bless and good huntin.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 03:18:16 PM »
Thank you Oscar.

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 03:21:46 PM »
Thank you for serving our country and enjoy your well deserved retirement.
John

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 05:23:32 PM »
Hope your transition is a smooth one Oscar
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.