Spike Camp

Buck a Paloussa

Buck a Paloussa
« on: December 06, 2017, 06:49:07 PM »
Tonight about 4:30 I went out the back door of the house and got in my tractor  to move a grain auger to set up at a bin. As I was backing up to the auger my son called so I stopped and as I was talking to him the buck in my avatar was standing about 50 yards away, another little bit smaller buck was under the grain bin and another nice buck was standing less then 100 yards away across the creek. My wife then called as I was talking to my son and as I was talking to her I turned around and another buck was about 75 yards behind me with a big boy about 25 yards farther up the hill. The close buck worked his way around the fences and trotted right up to the tractor that was running and stopped about 10 yards away. 4 of these bucks were 170 bucks and one about a 150.
 We don't usually see that many bucks in close to the yard but they sure showed up tonight.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

224KING

• View Profile
Re: Buck a Paloussa
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 07:12:31 PM »
They Hungry
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 07:22:15 PM »
Maybe they sense an approaching weather system? Must be fun seeing them that close!
Doug

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 07:48:55 PM »
Our weather has been pretty nice but we have had a bunch of wind and cold the last couple days. A couple of the bucks have been coming in for a while now but this was the most bucks in close that I have seen. Doe season ends tomorrow so things should be really quiet around here.
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 08:06:29 PM »
Yep hungry like me. ;D Also not afraid of you.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 05:08:44 AM »
They are hoping that BigMuddy will spill some grain on the ground.Accidentally on purpose?
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 07:17:41 AM »
Be cool to put a game camera there and see what all shows up and send us some picts to drool over?
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 07:29:39 AM »
They are hoping that BigMuddy will spill some grain on the ground.Accidentally on purpose?

that's what they are looking for,  ::)  Around here, both the mule deer and whitetails, have starting to come into the bale yard the last week. They eat the oats from the green feed bales.  So far they have been leaving the grain bags alone. They can make a mess of a 15,000 bushel grain bag in a hurry, once they get into them.

Rob

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 08:29:16 PM »
How about posting some pictures of those brutes.  ;D ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 08:42:20 PM »
Stuck a trail cam up today.
I can't tame wild women