Spike Camp

New SA-08 purchase

Mrvaudo

New SA-08 purchase
« on: December 13, 2017, 11:37:58 PM »
Has anyone purchased an SA-08 (or any Weatherby shotgun really I guess) recently?  I'm looking to buy one, but I'd like the old style with the cursive script as opposed to the block script seen on their website currently.  I found a youtube video from sept 2016 and the guy opens one with the cursive script, but I have a feeling if I order online I'm going to get a block lettering style one.  I'm sure there's old new stock floating around, but ordering online I have no idea what I'm going to get.

Weird preference, I know.

Advice? Thoughts?  Thanks!

danno50

• View Profile
Re: New SA-08 purchase
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:49:04 AM »
Welcome to the Weatherby Nation. I'd suggest calling Weatherby and asking for the sales department, see if they have any shotguns with the cursive style script on hand they can hold for you? If you don't ask, your right, you don't know what you'll get for sure. Customer Service will gladly help.
DosEquisShooter

Mrvaudo

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:14:29 PM »
thanks. i'll give them a call.  such a handsome looking gun they are.  wish they still made youth in deluxe model.  i want a deluxe for myself, but i think my wife would like the youth

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 05:57:07 PM »
 :)Today, I picked up a new SA-08 synthetic in 20 gauge for my turkey gun. Wow, is it nice! Light weight, balanced and swings  beautifully, too. It has the Weatherby name on the receiver in cursive style. In my opinion, this is a lot of shotgun for the money.
Elk_Hunter

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 06:09:20 PM »
Very nice!  Congrats on your new shotgun.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 06:52:05 PM »
Congratulations on your purchase.What loads are you planning to try in it for turkey?
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 07:27:50 PM »
Hi Terminator, I am planning to try Winchester Long Beards and Federal 3rd Degree for sure. I have just read about Federal TSS which sounds interesting, but not sure what the price will be on those. Two years ago, I shot one of the nicest gobblers I  have ever gotten with a 20 ga (PA-08) with Winchester Double X  #5. I am looking forward to see how this new gun patterns.
Elk_Hunter

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 07:39:17 PM »
Keep us informed on which patterns best.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.