Spike Camp

Nosler vs Weatherby Brand Ammo

Nosler vs Weatherby Brand Ammo
« on: December 18, 2017, 02:40:34 PM »
Iíve been using Weatherby brand ammo (257 Wby 110gr Accubond) for some time now, but considering a switch to Nosler brand.  Nosler Ammo is a lot cheaper and if it gets the job done why spend the extra money on Weatherby brand Ammo.

Any thoughts or experience with the Nosler Trophy Grade Ammo?

Thanks all.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Nosler vs Weatherby Brand Ammo
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 06:11:19 PM »
I do shoot some of the Nosler Trophy Grade ammo and don't feel the quality is nearly as good as Weatherby. I've actually had some of the primer pockets leak and the primers fall out on the factory ammo (26 Nosler), I'm guessing the Nosler brass may be slightly softer?? It has been accurate in the 2 rifles I've shot it in, 26 Nosler and 257 Weatherby.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Nosler vs Weatherby Brand Ammo
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 07:10:15 PM »
I've only tried Bosley ammo in 243Win, and it was a terrible match to the rifle I was shooting. Groups were minute of barn door. I've also tried their brass (well, helped a friend try their brass) and found it to be soft, as well. This was a 30-06 with 165gr Partitions, and initial velocities were 2650fps. I know good and well the loads were not over pressure, as they were start charges with primer pocket leaking, and velocities were several hundred feet per second off the pace of anything resembling a max load.

I'll stick to loading Weatherby brass.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie