Spike Camp

Vangaurd Weatherguard question

Delato

Vangaurd Weatherguard question
« on: December 19, 2017, 05:39:24 PM »
I am new to the weatherby nation and to owning a weatherby rifle. I just purchased the vanguard  weatherguard and I am not sure about how to maintain the bolt.  Do you just clean and lube like a regular bolt? Or is there something special to use because of the coating? Any advice is appreciated.

Re: Vangaurd Weatherguard question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »
That is one nice rifle.I can't answer your question for sure.I would call Weatherby and ask them.What caliber did you get and what scope will you use?
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

Delato

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 09:15:24 PM »
I got it in 308, still waiting for background to finish. I got an excellent deal on the Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40, only $99 :o. I can’t wait to try it out!

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 10:06:20 PM »
Welcome to the Nation!! I have the same coating on one of my Weatherbys and just clean and lightly oil the bolt, I also put a dab of grease on the camming surfaces of the locking lugs and bolt handle. I'm not sure if that's the preferred Weatherby procedure but it's worked fine for me. To much oil does make the coating shine so use it sparingly and wipe the excess off. Customer service is excellent at Weatherby so give them a call if your worried about messing up your new rifle. Let us know how it shoots.
Doug