Spike Camp

Weatherby Vanguard S2 Banshee

Weatherby Vanguard S2 Banshee
« on: December 21, 2017, 07:22:53 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm trying to do a little research on this rifle "Weatherby Vanguard S2 Banshee" (VEZ270NR40)
but I'm unable to fin any video, post or anything about it, even on the official website.

is this a special edition or why there's nothing about it. I just found a couple of pictures online but that is it.

please help me find some info about it and why is in the shadows.

thank you!

galamb

• View Profile
Re: Weatherby Vanguard S2 Banshee
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 03:26:42 PM »
Weatherby does quite a number of "exclusive" runs particularly with the Vanguard line that never show up on the website.

I am a Canadian vendor and I have Vanguard II Fleur-des-Lis models on the shelf (laminated stock with fleur-des-lis checkering), I also have North Mark 5's.

There was also (VG II's) with Flame camo, Skull camo and Kryptec Highlander models (still have a few of those in stock) that were available as part of the Weatherby-X line.

In the case of the Vanguards the only thing (unique) about the rifle was the stock itself. The barrel, action, trigger etc was identical to all other vanguard models.

So I suspect what you have is a (regular) S2 Vanguard with a stock in a pattern that was produced for a specific outdoor chain or for a specific wholesaler. All other specs will be based on the caliber as per all the VGII models.
Graham
R.C.A.F (Retired)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North EH!

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 04:14:48 PM »
It is an exclusive for Davidsons Gallery of Guns.There are several Utube videos about it.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 10:46:54 PM »
Weatherby does quite a number of "exclusive" runs particularly with the Vanguard line that never show up on the website.

I am a Canadian vendor and I have Vanguard II Fleur-des-Lis models on the shelf (laminated stock with fleur-des-lis checkering), I also have North Mark 5's.

There was also (VG II's) with Flame camo, Skull camo and Kryptec Highlander models (still have a few of those in stock) that were available as part of the Weatherby-X line.

In the case of the Vanguards the only thing (unique) about the rifle was the stock itself. The barrel, action, trigger etc was identical to all other vanguard models.

So I suspect what you have is a (regular) S2 Vanguard with a stock in a pattern that was produced for a specific outdoor chain or for a specific wholesaler. All other specs will be based on the caliber as per all the VGII models.

Very informative thank you!!

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 10:47:53 PM »
It is an exclusive for Davidsons Gallery of Guns.There are several Utube videos about it.

I cant find any videos about it on youtube, but thanks for pointing me in the rigth direction!

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 04:32:09 AM »
Found this one on gallery of guns:
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 08:34:56 AM »
Found this one on gallery of guns:

Hello that's not the one, the one that I'm talking about has a Bronze barrel.. see attached picture on original post.

also the camo pattern is different.

I'm still looking for more info about that version.

My rifle should arrive tomorrow hopefully.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 10:37:50 AM »
Its a cool looking gun. I think the coated barrel is a nice touch. At it's heart though it is an S2 Vanguard so you are getting a GREAT rifle. The special run S2's just add to the uniqueness of them, I think, and give you a bit more of a "personal" rifle that also happens to from a tremendous production line. I have one of the Lazerguards when they were a Cabela's only run and I absolutely love that gun. What caliber did you go with? Any idea what glass you are gonna run up top? Post some pics when you get it in!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 12:52:29 PM »
Its a cool looking gun. I think the coated barrel is a nice touch. At it's heart though it is an S2 Vanguard so you are getting a GREAT rifle. The special run S2's just add to the uniqueness of them, I think, and give you a bit more of a "personal" rifle that also happens to from a tremendous production line. I have one of the Lazerguards when they were a Cabela's only run and I absolutely love that gun. What caliber did you go with? Any idea what glass you are gonna run up top? Post some pics when you get it in!

I cant wait to get it!

Cal .270 win

glass Leupold VX-II  3-9x50

Talley mounts (recommended by Weatherby)

I attached an internet picture, as soon as I get mine I will upload original pictures.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 05:44:37 PM »
Very nice. 270 win and a 3x9 is a classic, tried and true combo. Any particular plans/type of hunts you have it earmarked for, or is gonna be a do everything type of gun?

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 11:35:22 PM »
Very nice. 270 win and a 3x9 is a classic, tried and true combo. Any particular plans/type of hunts you have it earmarked for, or is gonna be a do everything type of gun?

Deer rifle during the season, hog rifle also...

I think that caliber is not fur friendly... Opinions?

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 02:35:45 PM »

What type of fur are you looking to be friendly too? Bullet selection will help a lot...

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 04:06:26 PM »

What type of fur are you looking to be friendly too? Bullet selection will help a lot...

coyo... spring season :D

any recommendations?

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 05:46:17 PM »
Iím sure others could chime in here with a ton of info but I would look at a monolith bullet like the 130grn Barnes Vortex or 130grn Nosler E-Tip. If you donít mind spending a little more money, Double Tap Ammuniton I believe loads a Barnes Triple Shock in 110grns. 

I would at least give that a try and see if any of those (or some other suggestion you get on here) is to your satisfaction... it will probably always be a tad rougher on game than a .223 or a .22-250 but you might find something you are satisfied with.

http://www.doubletapammo.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=358

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2017, 10:04:22 PM »
Iím sure others could chime in here with a ton of info but I would look at a monolith bullet like the 130grn Barnes Vortex or 130grn Nosler E-Tip. If you donít mind spending a little more money, Double Tap Ammuniton I believe loads a Barnes Triple Shock in 110grns. 

I would at least give that a try and see if any of those (or some other suggestion you get on here) is to your satisfaction... it will probably always be a tad rougher on game than a .223 or a .22-250 but you might find something you are satisfied with.

http://www.doubletapammo.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=358

What about the Nosler 130 acubond?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1001755023/nosler-trophy-grade-ammunition-270-winchester-130-grain-accubond-box-of-20