Spike Camp

COLD

DW5

• View Profile
Re: COLD
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 05:26:38 PM »
Ahh you blokes are teasing me! Would love to be in that nice cold weather right now. I live in one of the coldest parts of Australia and it's going to be 30C (86f) here today. And I feel the heat big time. Some parts of my state will hit 45C+...

BB, how cold does it get when it does get cold where you live?
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

badsection

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2018, 04:50:28 AM »
It's more typical weather here this morning, low of 62!   :)

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2018, 05:30:18 AM »
San Antonio @ 6am was 24F.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2018, 07:06:50 AM »
It was -11 when my wife went to work
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

marty67

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 07:30:05 AM »
-15 here in Wisconsin according to my phone.  Last day of our Holiday Antlerless hunt in Crawford County.  My 11 year old wants to go so hopefully wind dies down and it gets above 0.  We got a nice doe Thursday, maybe we can get one more today.

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2018, 08:01:31 AM »
-8 F here in southern Ontario, it's warming up.........lol

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 08:22:52 AM »
Albuquerque 7:00 am 19f
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2018, 08:37:47 AM »
Cold here too -32C(- 27 f) plus a wind. Rob you need a Webasto on that truck. It was -37 C in Rocky Mountain House run mine for 90 mins truck was a little noisey when it fired but it did fire.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2018, 08:53:54 AM »
11 here now that feels like -2 with wind chill.I'm just sitting here thinking about everything I'm going to have to fix when it thaws out in a couple days.Will probably have water going everywhere.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2018, 09:09:37 AM »
It was -6 when I took a deer heart to my neighbor. Saw deer! Out of tags though. Thinking about buying one more.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2018, 09:22:58 AM »
-33 here at 7am. Had a Heifer that got bred early calve last night, went out just after midnight to check and had to put calf in a sled to get to barn and the wife came out to help get cow to barn.
Sure glad they all don't calve this time of year. :P
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2018, 09:36:19 AM »
Cold here too -32C(- 27 f) plus a wind. Rob you need a Webasto on that truck. It was -37 C in Rocky Mountain House run mine for 90 mins truck was a little noisey when it fired but it did fire.

it was -33C here this morning also. Your right northern hunter, Webasto's work well, I had them on other trucks, dozers, and track hoes over the years. This old Kenworth does have one, but it says inside all time, but the other morning when the propane froze up, it was -24C inside the shop.  ::)  I really need to get that natural gas line trenched over to that old shop from the new shops in the spring.  ::)

Big Muddy got a new years baby at his place  :D   When my Dad had was raising purebreed's he always turned his bulls out, to start calving Jan 1, but he had the barns to do it.

Rob

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2018, 09:56:15 AM »
-33 here at 7am. Had a Heifer that got bred early calve last night, went out just after midnight to check and had to put calf in a sled to get to barn and the wife came out to help get cow to barn.
Sure glad they all don't calve this time of year. :P

I've had 6 moms calve in the last ten days and have four more due right now according to my book.Seems like the cold brings them on.I saw 3 of my neighbor's heifers have calves yesterday evening.All were born within an hour or so of each other.3 cows laying on their sides on the way to feed.On the way back the moms were all standing and 3 babes were bunched up together.

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2018, 09:59:09 AM »
Dan,your in the shape I'm in.San Antonio doesn't have those types of temps very often.

Remember 10534

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2018, 12:31:55 PM »
Ahh you blokes are teasing me! Would love to be in that nice cold weather right now. I live in one of the coldest parts of Australia and it's going to be 30C (86f) here today. And I feel the heat big time. Some parts of my state will hit 45C+...

BB, how cold does it get when it does get cold where you live?

Not all that cold unfortunately. During a good winter it may get down to around -10C or a bit less. With the days around 10-12C. She is a hot old country down under. We have some snow fields but nothing like what you guys have.
Aussie gun nut.