Spike Camp

Disappointing with Weatherby for Christmas and New Years

Re: Disappointing with Weatherby for Christmas and New Years
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 11:01:06 AM »
Hope you get feeling better soon, the Flu can be tough on the elderly. ;)

Wishing you and yours a great New Year!

A friend of mine suggests Probiotics to help get the gut going again.

Elderly? Elderly?! Why, I'll dance on your grave, you young whippersnapper!
JP

:o ;D ;D
Got to get the digs in when opportunity a rises.

Besides Badsection is the resident Codger. :D :D
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 11:17:24 AM »
Make that grumpy old codger!   ;D Now, where did I leave my Geritol?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:07:25 PM by badsection »

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 05:09:43 AM »
Sh*t, I thought you were going after your depends....LMAO!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 05:55:09 AM »
Sh*t, I thought you were going after your depends....LMAO!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
  Old age and cunning beat youth and vigor every time!  Like you are a kid? LOL!

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 03:50:55 PM »
Good point!   ;D ;D

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 04:56:27 PM »
Get Well soon Jameson!! I am never disappointed in Weatherby The family, the company or the Firearms. Holidays are for Family, oh yea and Hunting. LOL!!

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 06:28:47 AM »

As for the folks at Weatherby, apart from whatever personal issues they may be dealing with, they are getting ready for the SHOT show, and trying to figure out what to do with the ever-increasing anti-gun nonsense in California. I have no idea what the new ammunition laws will do to a company, as opposed to an individual like me, but between that and the "sanctuary state" idiocy, they probably have their hands full. Let's not rush to judgement.
JP

I'm surprised Weatherby remains in California. With the high taxes and the anti-gun fervor of that state, the difficulty of turning a profit must be monumental and only becoming more so. I know Paso Robles is somewhat removed from the loons that occupy the major metro areas, but the laws and taxes still apply no matter what part of the state you reside. I wouldn't be surprised to see Weatherby re-locate in order to keep the the business viable.

Oh and get well soon Jameson
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:32:59 AM by wbyfan1 »

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 07:46:03 AM »
+1 on that. But it's no small task moving to another state. It can be successfully done though, as evidenced by companies such as Beretta, who told the communist republic of Maryland to kiss it and left. Weatherby is certainly looking at their options. Arizona is not too far and Texas would love to have Weatherby come on in (with plenty of financial incentives included). The new ammo law is just another step (slap) in the general direction of the total outlawing of private firearm ownership in Commiefornia. That is surely where they are headed. It's more a question of how much longer they can stay out there until they absolutely must leave then if they may need to. On the original topic, Weatherby folks deserve to spend some time off with their families and do some hunting too, just like the rest of us. BTW Jameson, get well soon.
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.