Spike Camp

California?

224KING

• View Profile
California?
« on: January 02, 2018, 05:11:09 AM »
Why live in California?Does the legalization of pot finally go too far for some that have stayed Californians for so long?Why live in California with all the woes of earthquakes,fires,mud slides,sanctuary state and cities,water shortages,high taxes,attacks on guns/ammo,and now legalized class 1 entry drugs?Will Weatherby leave there for the sake of their younger family members?Will there be a mass exodus?
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

Re: California?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 05:18:12 AM »
Good question!  I moved to Florida almost 16 years ago to get away from the stupid gun laws and outrageous taxes of Maryland. There is enough illegal drugs available that legalization will only cost more than the street prices.  :)

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 05:25:29 AM »
Clearly it's a money and weather thing. They do not  believe they can make the same money anywhere else and the momma boys can't take any harsh weather. I lived there for 54 years.  I wouldn't go back for any reason. Oh and they also claim family values. keep them from leaving. All in all it's excuses.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:03:05 AM by fuonlynu »

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 05:53:17 AM »
Not wishing anyone harm but as far as I'm concerned the state can drop off into the ocean. Maybe it will stop burning and polluting the air adding green house gases that aid in global warming.
TD

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 10:48:44 AM »
I lived there back in the 80, when I was station there with the AF and it was a beautiful state.  I deff wouldn't go back there now, and it's shame because there are a lot of nice people there.  Those politicians should be put in prison for doing what they are doing to that state.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 07:50:58 PM »
No doubt in my mind that the crime rate will be significantly higher in California in 2018, and you can be sure Jerry Brown won't blame it on the Doobies.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 07:46:00 AM »
An exodus has already started. My wife told me she read an article that stated California, Illinois, and New Jersey had more middle-class, middle-income people fleeing those states than any other others. Most of those refugees are heading to Nevada, Florida, and Texas, with lower taxation being the big draw to those states. And Real Clear Politics just had an article talking about California's state employee entitlement fund (CALPERS) being ridiculously under-funded, but don't hold your breath waiting for Gov. Moonbeam to mention that little detail as he announces his sanctuary state nonsense, but puts his hand out for more federal aid.
JP
Moderator Jameson Parker
www.readjamesonparker.com

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 01:49:37 PM »
An exodus has already started. My wife told me she read an article that stated California, Illinois, and New Jersey had more middle-class, middle-income people fleeing those states than any other others. Most of those refugees are heading to Nevada, Florida, and Texas, with lower taxation being the big draw to those states. And Real Clear Politics just had an article talking about California's state employee entitlement fund (CALPERS) being ridiculously under-funded, but don't hold your breath waiting for Gov. Moonbeam to mention that little detail as he announces his sanctuary state nonsense, but puts his hand out for more federal aid.
JP
  I heard that a lot of Californians have moved to Colorado, too! I guess the legal pot was a draw.  :)

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 02:09:37 PM »
I have visited CA a several times and have distant relatives that live there still. It is a damn shame that state is run the way it is because it is such a lovely, beautiful place. The beach, tremendous fishing, snow skiing, and decent hunting, all with in hours of each other. The Pacific Coast HWY is truly a sight to see as well.  Don't know how long it would take (or if it's even possible anymore) but I sure hope you guys get it going in the right direction out there again one day Jameson and the rest of our California members. 
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 02:38:46 PM »
I visited Death Valley a few years back and did the 4 wheel drive only trail. Pretty "cool" ! Left Ocean City, MD for a 4 week vacation and got home with 8700 more mile on my truck.  :)

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 05:05:03 AM »
I hope all the refugees seeking refuge in those states, don't plan on changing those states.  Look at Colorado and all the tree huger moving in there now.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 05:38:45 AM »
Remember the saying "You Reap What You Sow" ?
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 08:52:57 AM »
I hope all the refugees seeking refuge in those states, don't plan on changing those states.  Look at Colorado and all the tree huger moving in there now.

Man, there are parts of CO that might give Cali a run for their money already..... take a visit to Boulder sometime. Maybe itís just something about the human brain that canít handle living in amazing natural places.  ::)
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 11:13:13 AM »
Na,haven't you ever seen the commercials "This is your brain on drugs"?

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 07:17:45 AM »
I've mentioned this before, but here in Texas, we have been getting plenty of California transplants for awhile now. The stories about Texas having cheap taxes are largely BS - state sales tax where I am is 8.25% and real estate taxes are through the roof; mine (there are three I'm hit with in my area of Fort Bend County) total at five figures. The only plus is we don't have a state income tax. Home insurance in all counties that are the first two counties in from the Gulf is also insane - it's OK if you're at least 150 miles inland except for the Dallas area (frequent hail and tornado claims). To people from California, it all probably doesn't seem that expensive.
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.