Spike Camp

Show us your Weatherby!

BB340

• View Profile
Re: Show us your Weatherby!
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2018, 01:43:04 PM »
What plans do you have for the dangerous game rifle BB?

Firstly I am taking it on a hunt for Texas longhorns down here in March. A bloke has had them running wild on his property for several years now. So hopefully it will get blooded in. I will be using either 300grn Woodliegh PPSN's or 300grn TSX's. I have both loaded up ready to test.
Aussie gun nut.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2018, 01:49:13 PM »
Nice BB.The 375s have a little muzzle rise don't they. :o

Yeah they have a little bit of oomph to the shoulder and muzzle rise. But I find them rather comfortable to shoot. Especially the Weatherby DGR. It controls the recoil really well. I was consider rechambering to .375 Weatherby but think I may leave it as is...
I have another .375 H&H on a ZKK 602 action and that thing wallops me a bit because the stock is way to big for me and doesn't fit me properly.
Aussie gun nut.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2018, 03:39:02 PM »

Firstly I am taking it on a hunt for Texas longhorns down here in March. A bloke has had them running wild on his property for several years now. So hopefully it will get blooded in. I will be using either 300grn Woodliegh PPSN's or 300grn TSX's. I have both loaded up ready to test.

Well, I guess that explains a lot about the last couple years then, the best of UTís recruiting classes must have escaped Austin and ended up on your friendís land.  :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:43:50 PM by DW5 »
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2018, 12:00:18 AM »

Well, I guess that explains a lot about the last couple years then, the best of UTís recruiting classes must have escaped Austin and ended up on your friendís land.  :D

Haha yeah well they also must of been good swimmers to make it all the way down under to Australia  :D
They imported them quite a few years ago and have had them running wild ever since.
Aussie gun nut.