Spike Camp

Feed yard cam #2

Feed yard cam #2
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:50:33 PM »
Got a few more pics off the trial cam.
I need to put in fresh batteries as I think the cold weather got to them.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Re: Feed yard cam #2
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 08:53:57 PM »
My feeding rig and crew.

The old Case and the feed wagon haul the grain and alfalfa pellets that I feed in a cement bunk.

The John Deere with the bale processor grind out the hay and put it in a row. I also bed with straw blown out on the bed ground.

That's Ace with me, Buster another collie dog is always around but didn't get in the picture.
That's it for the everyday crew. In the morning I feed about 250 weaned calves and 26 bulls.
I have the cows out in the hills and they have protein tubs and I haul pellets out every couple days with my 4x4 Power wagon.
The last time I was out I saw a cow moose and the time before 6 bull Elk.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:10:21 PM by Big Muddy rancher »
I can't tame wild women

badsection

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 04:45:03 AM »
Nice pictures!   :)

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 03:10:52 PM »
great Pictures! You have a great looking ranch there.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 06:36:31 PM »
Wow, very nice!!!!  I noticed the - temps.  burrr.  BTW, would the buck on the second picture be a shooter, or he is still too young???  Seem like his antlers are not thick. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 09:50:38 PM »
Wow, very nice!!!!  I noticed the - temps.  burrr.  BTW, would the buck on the second picture be a shooter, or he is still too young???  Seem like his antlers are not thick.

Unfortunately he probably would get shot but it would be nice to get heavier.
I can't tame wild women

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 06:10:59 PM »
In two more years I think that mule deer would definitely be a stud! LOL!!!!  Hope you can one day take him.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 07:21:39 PM »
Yeah he is a little thin. Maybe if you feed him a little better, oh and maybe some  mineral and some  alfalfa  ;D ;D

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 09:45:34 PM »
Yeah he is a little thin. Maybe if you feed him a little better, oh and maybe some  mineral and some  alfalfa  ;D ;D

They are eating Master feeds Pro pellets and really like them. I bet they are eating close to $5 a night, Last night I had a 5 gal pail sitting full that I didn't take to the barn and they cleaned it up.
I had Alfalfa pellets in another bin and some are spilled under it and they don't even touch them.
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 07:21:11 AM »

They are eating Master feeds Pro pellets and really like them. I bet they are eating close to $5 a night, Last night I had a 5 gal pail sitting full that I didn't take to the barn and they cleaned it up.
I had Alfalfa pellets in another bin and some are spilled under it and they don't even touch them.

Ok I was just joking around

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 08:31:02 AM »
Nothing but thieves. They should be shot. :D
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 11:47:32 AM »

Ok I was just joking around

I know :) I'm just surprised they don't eat the alfalfa pellets. I have even spread some out on the hard pack snow and they never touched them. They paw the dirt around the hopper under the bin with the grain pellets that are vitamin and mineral fortified. The bucks that are coming in should have good horn growth.
 Seems lots of hunter will take a buck like that and not hunt for a heavy horned brute. :(
Easy to say when I haven't been able to draw a tag for 7 years then you get a tag and one like that shows up it's awful tempting.
I can't tame wild women

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 06:52:19 PM »
Yes it would be, nice tall rack. It's hard to tell how big they really are in those trail cam pictures sometimes

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 07:45:07 AM »
Hey Big, Time to dust off your Weatherby and come to Idaho in October and hunt with us. If you buy an elk tag you could shoot either an elk, wolf, mountain lion or a black bear with it, same deal with a mule deer tag.
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 08:27:22 AM »
That would be fun, :)

My Octobers are filed with weaning,shipping and preg checking cows. Our Mule deer season is usually the first 2 weeks of November and I fit hunting in around daily feeding of calves. Hard to get very far away from home.
I can't tame wild women