Spike Camp

Thinking about getting a .240 Weatherby mag., but I'm not sure that I need one..

You won’t regret owning a 240.
It was my first Weatherby and is still my favorite, no its not going to do anything the .257 can’t, but in the Mark V platform it will do it with a substantial weight drop, and reduced recoil/noise.
It has been by far and away my most widely used Weatherby cartridge and have taken several Mule Deer, Whitetail, Antelope, Black Bear and Coyotes with it. It is pretty amazing to see what that little cartridge has done on some medium size game at some pretty extended ranges.
Even after adding many of Weatherby’s other Cartridges to my safe, I still find myself grabbing that 240 more often then not, and always when I know there will be a lot of walking involved.
I was really glad to see Weatherby add it to the Vanguard lineup a few years back and then offer a “select” price Ammo offering, I would sure think that had to treamendously help keep the 240 sales rolling and boosts its popularity.
Not to long ago I did see Craig Boddington had a nice write up on the 240, I’ll have to look back, but think it was something along the lines of Cartridges that deserve more Popularity.

You should adopt my way of thinking...

TO WANT A GUN IS TO NEED THAT GUN.

I stopped trying to justify buying guns a long time ago. If you want it, got the money for it, then get it I say.

BB340

• View Profile

I stopped trying to justify buying guns a long time ago. If you want it, got the money for it, then get it I say.

I say AYE MEN to that Captain!  :D
Aussie gun nut.

DW5

• View Profile

I may have to print this and hang it on the wall.  :)
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

Trust me guys! They don't call me Captain Awesome for nothing... Well actually... I'm the only one that calls me that but still...