Spike Camp

Looking to add a 6.5-300 wby

Re: Looking to add a 6.5-300 wby
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 12:31:41 PM »
That's what I thought.  I was trying to upgrade my stock on my 240 Accuguard and couldnt find anything because the barrel has a 3# contour.

Gotcha. So apparently then some Vangaurds do have different barrel contours. I'll say this, I own 3 Vanguards and all of them are the same contour. But makes sense as they do have different models. I would think the Accuguard # 3 contour would be larger (ie: heavier barrel)?
JW

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2018, 05:17:57 PM »
I picked up my new rifle today. Pretty excited to have this chambering. This is my first series 2 Vanguard. I've noticed some subtle differences between it and the series 1. Here are a couple of pics. Did you get yours yet PAbuckhunter270?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 05:30:51 PM by JWDynamics »
JW

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 07:15:35 PM »
No it came in today but my gun shop didnt call me yet.
Scott

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2018, 07:40:06 PM »
Damn gun shops.Dont they know we are in a hurry to get our guns. ;D I usually show up at mine and tell them I am there to get my gun.They say did we call you? And I say no but UPS showed on the internet that they delivered it so I am here to get it.I am sure the wait will be worth it.Congrats on getting yours JWD.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:49:01 PM by terminator »
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2018, 08:26:27 PM »
Congratulations JWD!!!
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2018, 09:27:38 PM »
Damn gun shops.Dont they know we are in a hurry to get our guns. ;D I usually show up at mine and tell them I am there to get my gun.They say did we call you? And I say no but UPS showed on the internet that they delivered it so I am here to get it.I am sure the wait will be worth it.Congrats on getting yours JWD.

Your right Roger! I'm off tomorrow so I'll probably stop by tomorrow with or without a call. 8)
Scott

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2018, 05:09:54 AM »

Thanks terminator & blackbear3! I've used a handful of different FFL dealers for transfers and the current one I'm using seems to be the most respecting of receiving to notification time. I'm with you guys though, once I see its delivered on the carrier's tracking website, I usually am at the dealer within a couple of hours (if I'm not tied up with something else).

PAbuckhunter270, glad you're getting yours today. New gun days are fun!
JW

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2018, 08:26:04 AM »

Your right Roger! I'm off tomorrow so I'll probably stop by tomorrow with or without a call. 8)

So... pick it up last night?
JW

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2018, 11:11:06 AM »

Yes I did! If I wasnt still sick I would get it set up!
Scott

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 06:26:13 PM »

Yes I did! If I wasnt still sick I would get it set up!

Glad you got it. Feel better man!
JW

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2018, 11:04:14 AM »
Thought I'd drop this here as well. Ordered some Hornady reloading dies from Midway today and Hornady has a rebate for some free bullets. http://weatherbynation.com/index.php?topic=16090.0
JW

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2018, 02:09:03 PM »
Thanks I'll check it out! What stock are you going with?
Scott

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2018, 05:10:28 AM »

I haven't started looking yet. Just dropped over $100 on dies and brass. Still need new bullets, new powder, scope and scope mounting hardware.

When I do the stock though, I'm 95% certain I'll go with a Vanguard or Howa factory stock most likely in a used variety.
JW

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2018, 05:43:35 AM »

I haven't started looking yet. Just dropped over $100 on dies and brass. Still need new bullets, new powder, scope and scope mounting hardware.

When I do the stock though, I'm 95% certain I'll go with a Vanguard or Howa factory stock most likely in a used variety.

I need to get my reloading equipment like the dies, bullets, and brass.  I already have a Zeiss Terra 3-9x42 and Talley mounts for it though. I think I'm going with a satin finish Claro XX walnut stock from Boyds.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 05:52:18 AM by PAbuckhunter270 »
Scott

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2018, 05:48:27 AM »

I need to get my reloading equipment like the dies, bullets, and brass.  I already have a Zeiss Terra 3x9x32 and Talley mounts for it though. I think I'm going with a satin finish Claro XX walnut stock from Boyds.

When you get your Boyds stock installed and fitted, post some pics up here. I have a couple of Boyds stocks. In fact, I'm reworking one now for my 240 Wby. It's a custom Mauser 98 LR though and not a Weatherby-made rifle.

I have not yet decided on what optics I'm going to use. I imagine it will be something in the 3-9x40 variety.
JW