Spike Camp

Lightweight Talley Scope Mounts on Stainless barrel opinion

Lightweight Talley Scope Mounts on Stainless barrel opinion
« on: January 17, 2018, 02:33:52 PM »
THis being my first SS rifle, do people typically use a SS or Silver mount as well even though the scope is black?  I know it won't matter and it's personal preference...but weatherby only has the silver in stock for the mediums...

Re: Lightweight Talley Scope Mounts on Stainless barrel opinion
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 03:11:56 PM »
I have the silver ones on my SS Vanguard with a matte black scope. I have another Howa Alpine (silver Cerakote) with black ones and a matte black scope.

Either looks fine and I suppose it is a 50/50 split.
JK

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
I use black mounts with my black scope, I think it looks fine.
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

fuonlynu

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 05:28:28 PM »
I've tried several but they never match.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 06:01:53 PM »
THis being my first SS rifle, do people typically use a SS or Silver mount as well even though the scope is black?  I know it won't matter and it's personal preference...but weatherby only has the silver in stock for the mediums...

Here is a photo of my to Vanguards in .223. The bottom one is a stainless fluted with stainless rings and a black scope. Hopefully it will give you a bit of an idea what yours may look like.
Aussie gun nut.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 06:04:43 PM »
I have used them both, and I think it's a matter of preference and what you like.  I wanted to see how it looked, and I like the silver rings with a blue scope, and I've also done the blue rings with a blue scope.  ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

zonie

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 06:12:24 PM »
Black scope black rings.  It's really a personal preference.  I did have two  stainless rings sets on  black scope's, and didn't care for the look, all my other stainless have black on black with stainless action/barrel.

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 05:28:02 AM »
I ended up going black mounts and black scope on both of my Stainless rifles. I just liked the black offsetting a bit compared to the Stainless that didn’t quite match the finish of the rifle.
It’s definitely a personal preference though like others mentioned.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 09:48:25 AM »
For the contrast, I went with matte black on the brushed stainless. (223 T/C contender 14" barrel) The other picture is just to show the difference in looks.(44 mag T/C contender 10" barrel with custom muzzle tamer)
DosEquisShooter

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 02:26:30 PM »
Danno, love those TC contenders.   For some strange reason or another, I never got one. :(
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 04:21:06 PM »
Nice Dan.I like the contrast of the black rings with the stainless barrel and silver scope.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.