Spike Camp

This could be an interesting Range Finder

• View Profile
Re: This could be an interesting Range Finder
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 06:05:11 PM »
Optics's of all types have came a long ways in the last few years.
Well be interesting to read a few reviews on this rangefinder
Mike

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 06:20:42 PM »
I just purchased one. Iíll let you know how it works. A friend is a distributor and is sending it to me to review. He said itís really as good as it says. If so, he will bill my credit card if I want it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 06:26:21 PM by Michiganhunter »
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 06:30:27 PM »
Thanks.Will Be waiting for your review.If the stabilizing works well it will be a big plus.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 12:42:51 PM »
If that's a wholesale price they'll be a grand or so in the store?
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 01:02:31 PM »
Wow, looks like a great rangefinder.  I can't wait to hear all about it.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 01:11:29 PM »
Suggested retail price of $419.95!!!
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 04:47:58 PM »
What does it mean when the add says not for individual sale?
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 05:48:31 PM »
The distributor canít sell it to an individual just to a wholesaler/retailer.  I have a business in the outdoors industry so technically I can review the product and buy it. It will be available to buy in the next couple months from retailers. The suggested retail price will be less than listed, not more.
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 06:10:25 PM »
My son attended Texas A&M in Roger's town.  Within a year or so after 9/11, unbeknownst to me, he took our Bushnell laser range-finder to campus one day.  That afternoon, I get a call on my cell phone from someone that said they were from the FBI, and did I own such and such pickup, with such and such plates.  I said yes I did.  Then they asked if I was using a range-finder on the campus of Texas A&M that morning and why.  I said no, but my son possibly was, and that he was a student there.  He asked a few more questions, he was nice and all.  That evening I called up my son, and asked him what was going on.  He said that he was figuring out how many miles he had to walk each day, going from his truck, to the various places on campus.  So I told him about the call.  We concluded that someone must have seen him doing that, and thought it was "suspicious," and reported it, which I guess in lieu of 9/11, was actually practicing "good citizenship" on their part.  That next Friday, at a local High School football game, a friend of mine that works at the local Sheriff's Dept. sees me and says, "Did you get a call from the FBI."  I said, well.... yes I did.  He laughed, and said the FBI had contacted them, and wanted a run down on me and my family.  He said that he told them we were all OK, and whatever my son was doing, it was probably completely innocent.  In a way, in lieu of 9/11, I thought this was all good.  MM

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 07:47:23 PM »
My son attended Texas A&M in Roger's town.  Within a year or so after 9/11, unbeknownst to me, he took our Bushnell laser range-finder to campus one day.  That afternoon, I get a call on my cell phone from someone that said they were from the FBI, and did I own such and such pickup, with such and such plates.  I said yes I did.  Then they asked if I was using a range-finder on the campus of Texas A&M that morning and why.  I said no, but my son possibly was, and that he was a student there.  He asked a few more questions, he was nice and all.  That evening I called up my son, and asked him what was going on.  He said that he was figuring out how many miles he had to walk each day, going from his truck, to the various places on campus.  So I told him about the call.  We concluded that someone must have seen him doing that, and thought it was "suspicious," and reported it, which I guess in lieu of 9/11, was actually practicing "good citizenship" on their part.  That next Friday, at a local High School football game, a friend of mine that works at the local Sheriff's Dept. sees me and says, "Did you get a call from the FBI."  I said, well.... yes I did.  He laughed, and said the FBI had contacted them, and wanted a run down on me and my family.  He said that he told them we were all OK, and whatever my son was doing, it was probably completely innocent.  In a way, in lieu of 9/11, I thought this was all good.  MM

Wow.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 07:52:11 PM »
Yeah.WOW
Roger

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 12:00:26 AM »
Just goes to show you that you really never know,you know?

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 12:36:50 PM »
As a follow up on this I was at my local gun shop Saturday and asked the owner what he thought about these new Nikon Image Stabilizing ones coming out.He said he had looked through several and was very impressed especially the 3000.He was ordering some to sale in his store.
Roger