Spike Camp

This could be an interesting Range Finder

zonie

Re: This could be an interesting Range Finder
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 02:49:05 PM »
Nice,   we need a new one Brandon's old bushnell finally stopped working,  I'll keep my old leica until it gives up then buy something new. 

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 05:39:53 AM »
I finished checking out the range finder and I am impressed.
The stabilizing feature allows you to quickly and clearly lock onto any target.
The glass is as good as my Leupold, Nikon and Zeiss rifle scopes. The glass in today’s optics is something else.
The ability to see at dusk and dawn in the thick swamp of Michigan is a real plus.
Small targets are no problem at long distances. I ranged a red fox at dusk at 1/2 mile.
I found myself using it more than my binoculars probably due the stabilizing feature.
I have a Bushnell rangefinder I purchased years ago when they first came out. Last year hunting in the windy mountains of Wyoming I had problems keep it steady past 300 yards. This new Nikon will eliminate that issue.
I cannot believe how little it costs for all the quality that is packed into such a small package.
The real world retail cost will be under $400.
If you are in the market for a range finder or want to upgrade, this is it!!!
I am sold.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:47:33 PM by Michiganhunter »
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 08:25:33 AM »
Thanks for the review Michiganhunter.After reading it I just went online and ordered one from OpticsPlanet.1-4 month wait but thought I would get in line.Price was listed at $419.But they have a 10 per cent off super bowl sale going on for most merchandise if you give them the promo code "PUNT".So my price ended up $377.10 with free shipping and no sales tax.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

Michiganhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 12:10:22 PM »
I’ve been playing with this new Nikon stabilizer rangefinder almost everyday. I am just amazed at how user friendly this is. I have a few pair of good quality binoculars and one excellent pair. They are 8 through 15 power. I use the 15 power on a tripod. The other 8 and 10 are handheld. High power Binoculars are useless if the picture is shaky. That being said, the 6 power on this stabilized rangefinder allows me to actually see and discern the target better than non-stabilized 8,10 or even 12 power binoculars. I do not own stock in Nikon or sell their products. I am just like everyone else on Weatherby Nation. A hunter and a shooter. I rarely recommend products. I recommend Weatherby,Leupold,Zeiss and Swarovski. If you have a use for a rangefinder buy this one. As soon as a stabilizing binocular is available for a price I can afford, like $500 or so I will buy it. It is just rare when a new product comes out that is so impressive and affordable that actually makes me buy it. One that I would recommend. This Nikon is one of those times.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:19:40 PM by Michiganhunter »
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 01:29:28 PM »
Michiganhunter: Glad to hear you are still happy with it. I have a pair of Canon IS 15x50 and also 12x36 IS. Both bought used off ebay and I have no complaints. I would say they are on par glass wise with my Vortex Viper HD binoculars.They are very heavy and I wouldnt want to carry them around all day but using them on a bench pdog hunting or out of a blind they work excellent and I can go to the higher magnification without the shake. With how well the binos worked is why was interested in the Nikon IS range finder.
Roger

Michiganhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 04:35:03 AM »
It’s on sale at Camofire. $299

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 07:14:25 AM »
The one shown from Camofire is the Nikon Monarch 7i VR that is 1000 yards. Not the Monarch 3000 that is 3000 yds.
Roger

Michiganhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 01:24:53 PM »
The one shown from Camofire is the Nikon Monarch 7i VR that is 1000 yards. Not the Monarch 3000 that is 3000 yds.
Thanks for the correction. I guess I didn’t look close enough.

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 05:59:20 PM »
I was sure hoping you were correct.
Roger

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2018, 08:59:18 AM »
I had a chance to use this Nikon in the field a few days and compare to my Sig sauer Kilo 2000.They had readings very close to the same.Ranged very close to the same distances with the Kilo possibly picking up on objects better.The Kilo 2000 had far and away the brightest clearest glass.Where the Nikon really shined was its image stabilizing ability.It worked great.As with all IS devices it eats a battery with a lot of use.
Roger

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 10:17:30 AM »
Valuable information. Thank you for the report.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....