Spike Camp

Problems with new 6.5-300

Re: Problems with new 6.5-300
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2018, 05:06:29 PM »
One last thing I would like to say and that is if like some are saying that the rifle belongs to the original poster and he did something to cause the problem and destroy the rifle I sure wouldn't have brought it before this group of people  for sympathy.

That's a big 10-4 :)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2018, 06:47:20 PM »
Ya Think?
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2018, 06:42:00 AM »
After the hammering that guy is taking on here he'll most likely never post on here again. You guys might be right, but what if you're wrong about him and he was being totally honest? We may never know now.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2018, 06:50:23 AM »
Well, based on his story changing, and not aligning with the one known fact from Weatherby personnel, he couldn't have told us the whole truth, or his friend couldn't have told him the whole truth. His adamant defense of the situation as being a lack of information from Weatherby (when Weatherby has come on here and specifically posted they have communicated with the rifle owner) tell me something isn't right with the story we heard.

This isn't the first time someone has come on here and made wild claims only to later be exposed as having done something to their firearm for which they want to blame Weatherby.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2018, 07:23:33 AM »
After the hammering that guy is taking on here he'll most likely never post on here again. You guys might be right, but what if you're wrong about him and he was being totally honest? We may never know now.

Hate to go hunting with this bunch, they would be hollering from tree stand to tree stand about not seeing any deer. Sometimes you just have to sit back and wait for the buck to stop. :)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2018, 07:30:16 AM »

Hate to go hunting with this bunch, they would be hollering from tree stand to tree stand about not seeing any deer. Sometimes you just have to sit back and wait for the buck to stop. :)

I haven't been posting much because I no longer find anything in life enjoyable, but I agree with BMR. Quit what if in and just wait to see what washes out in the end.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2018, 08:47:54 AM »
Having just read through this whole thread, I am just as perplexed as ya'll. The one and only thing we know for sure is that an incorrect load was fired in that barrel. Whether it was a reload as suspected, or a factory defective round, we may never know unless Weatherby comes forth with more details. Not to point yet another finger at the OP, Weatherby's track record on standing behind their rifles is impeccable, so I have to lean toward the "operator error" opinion. Given that the ammo is claimed to be of Weatherby manufacture, I'd wager they would have stood behind it either way if they didn't uncover something very wrong. Maybe the guy made an honest mistake and didn't realize it, who knows. I do wish Weatherby would issue a statement.
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.

« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2018, 09:25:19 AM »
Having just read through this whole thread, I am just as perplexed as ya'll. The one and only thing we know for sure is that an incorrect load was fired in that barrel. Whether it was a reload as suspected, or a factory defective round, we may never know unless Weatherby comes forth with more details. Not to point yet another finger at the OP, Weatherby's track record on standing behind their rifles is impeccable, so I have to lean toward the "operator error" opinion. Given that the ammo is claimed to be of Weatherby manufacture, I'd wager they would have stood behind it either way if they didn't uncover something very wrong. Maybe the guy made an honest mistake and didn't realize it, who knows. I do wish Weatherby would issue a statement.
Too much liability for another statement like everyone wants to hear so the best thing to do is let a sleeping dog lay before it jumps up and Bites you.
 Starting to sound like a bunch of Key Board Warriors.
TD

« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2018, 11:27:15 AM »
With my one post on this subject which contains no accusations to, or derogatory statements about Weatherby or the OP (no flames anywhere), just my 2 cents of speculation, I take exception to having said post quoted alongside the term "Keyboard Warriors." I have never once flamed anybody on the Nation and would never intentionally do so.

« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2018, 05:47:00 AM »
With my one post on this subject which contains no accusations to, or derogatory statements about Weatherby or the OP (no flames anywhere), just my 2 cents of speculation, I take exception to having said post quoted alongside the term "Keyboard Warriors." I have never once flamed anybody on the Nation and would never intentionally do so.
I used your post as being in agreement with you.
If you have a problem with what I post in the future PM me so we can talk and not create problems on the open forum.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:49:59 AM by truck driver 2 »
TD

« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2018, 07:38:13 AM »
Agree entirely and just sent one.

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2018, 08:59:06 AM »
In regards to the last two posts from texweatherby and truck driver 2;
This is how gentlemen resolve a disagreement. Kudos to both of you.
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2018, 09:06:12 AM »
In regards to the last two posts from texweatherby and truck driver 2;
This is how gentlemen resolve a disagreement. Kudos to both of you.

JW

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2018, 01:30:30 PM »
 :)
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2018, 12:16:18 PM »
so it has been quite a long time johnp you must have news on your friends rifle?
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill