Dan Weatherby

fuonlynu

Dan Weatherby
« on: January 24, 2018, 02:32:13 PM »
Where's Dan Weatherby  now? Is Weatherby ever going to let us know? :D

badsection

Re: Dan Weatherby
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 03:13:42 PM »
He disappeared  4-5 years ago?  He was a frequent poster here. 

fuonlynu

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 03:26:41 PM »
He disappeared  4-5 years ago?  He was a frequent poster here.

Exactly! we all talked with him over the time, some even on the phone. It's just odd that we hear nothing about him even though he left the company. He did the knife deal on the 50th  Anniversary rifle and vanished.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:10:02 AM by fuonlynu »

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 09:05:24 AM »
Is his username THE DANIMAL?
Scott

badsection

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 09:07:38 AM »
Is his username THE DANIMAL?
  Yes!    ;D

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 09:20:42 AM »
He was on about 30 minutes ago.
Scott

badsection

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 09:44:40 AM »
He was on about 30 minutes ago.
  I see that, thanks!  Just noticed , it shows a 10 hour earlier time than EST.  Japan, as Hawaii is ony 5 hours earlier ? 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:53:57 AM by badsection »

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 02:12:28 PM »
Why did he leave the company? or should I ask?

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

badsection

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 02:33:15 PM »
IF I remember correctly, he kind of disappeared about the time Adam came on the scene.  :)

badsection

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 03:59:46 PM »
Dan had a way of relating to us that made him stand out, so did Justin.  :)

fuonlynu

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 08:47:33 AM »
It was a turn of events, we lost Dan, Justin and Brad in a very short amount of time.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 12:00:38 PM »
Hello guys! I’m still here, just been busy with other stuff! I’m super excited and happy for my brother moving the company to Wyoming as I know it will be good for the company, but I’m sad to see him leave my home town here! We are a close family and he is and always be not only my brother but the best friend I’ve ever had. I’m excited to visit him in Wyoming when they get out there. So something I’ve been working on is forging knives from weatherby gun barrels. I’m looking to start trying to sell them here shortly, but don’t have a website yet. If any of you are still interested getting your hands on something like that send me a message and I’ll email photos of what I have. Basically I’m forge welding a piece of w1 steel in the center of the barrel to create a high carbon edge for retention. I’ve successfully done it with chrome moly and a stainless barrel . When I forge the blade it creates a San Mai pattern. The contrast with the stainless is really nice to the high carbon edge. I’ve been using w1 rod but now I’m experimenting with 1084 powdered steel for the center.  I’m really excited to get further into it. I’ll try to check back in with nation more often!
Dan

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 12:08:26 PM »
I put this knife forged from a why 300 chrome moly barrel  and w1 core steel as my profile pic to give you an idea. I used a piece of Birdseye maple from a weatherby stock blank for the handle. I think the blank must have been back from way back in the day out of our custom shop!

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »
Dan, that's really beautiful work! Glad you're finding ways to kindle the creative fires. I'd sure be interested in learning more about these knives.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2018, 12:15:27 PM »
Beautiful knife!
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild