Spike Camp

Any .22 Pistol Shooters Out There?

224KING

• View Profile
Re: Any .22 Pistol Shooters Out There?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 11:05:41 AM »
I forgot to add that my SS,MKII,with 10" heavy barrel is the Target model.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 05:21:09 PM »
Thanks for the replies so far. I’m definitely interested in getting one. I will for sure post a pic or 2 when I do.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 08:59:29 PM »
I have a few and two of my favorites to shoot are my Peacemaker .22 and Frontier Scout '62, both have .22 Long Rifle and .22 Magnum cylinders.  To me a .22 pistol or revolver is a must have.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

zonie

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 11:16:14 PM »
Danno   I did have a high standard 9 shot sentinel , my dad gave it to me just before I went in the service,  my ex-wife still has it,  I'm still pissed about that one,  she said I don't have it and about 40 years later my oldest daughter told me oh yea mom has that old gun.   >:(
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:18:29 PM by zonie »

musicman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 02:08:27 AM »
Every Ruger semi-auto I have, shoots really well, and reliably.  I have a Browning Buckmark that is excellent also.  My Ruger Single -Sixes, are great.  I have a High Standard.... Military HD.... I think.  I bought it as a collector piece, but took it out one day, just to see how it would run.  I do not know if I just had the mojo that day or what, but I was shooting mud clots on the edge of a large stock tank, and I couldn't miss.  Usually, a person always misses a few shots.  I was hitting everything with it, it was almost scary.  Then I took it home.  I really was unfamiliar with the mechanics of it.  It had a little "pertruding" thing on it, that unthinkingly I pushed, and the thing came apart.  I got on the Internet, and from what I read, most people said, DO NOT PUSH THAT THING, unless you know what you are doing.  I could not reassemble it.  I took it to Austin to McBrides repair dept.  I had all the parts in a box.  I showed it to the smith, and older guy I knew.  He looked in the box, and said, "Don't you know you're not supposed to push that lever unless you know what you're doing."  He fiddled with it for about two minutes, had it together, said, "don't push that lever, get out of here."  And didn't charge me.  I have ALWAYS had trouble disassembling Ruger semi's as well.  But I watched a video last time I had to, and it was a woman doing the disassembling.  I followed her "method," and had no problem at all.  Go figure.  MM

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 06:28:12 PM »
Danno   I did have a high standard 9 shot sentinel , my dad gave it to me just before I went in the service,  my ex-wife still has it,  I'm still pissed about that one,  she said I don't have it and about 40 years later my oldest daughter told me oh yea mom has that old gun.   >:(
             Zonie, just goes to show, you can't trust a woman with a pulse. ;D
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2018, 08:32:18 PM »
I have a Browning Challenger III that is very accurate. The only thing I've found is that it won't cycle with bird shot. It shoots everything else I've tried.
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 08:52:09 AM »
I think everybody should have one, at least for cheap plinking. I only have one .22 (not including rifles), a S&W K22 revolver with a 6" barrel I got in 1971 at the age of 14. It is extremely accurate and probably the most accurate handgun I own. Still perfect after 4 1/2 decades of use. It's not exactly as exciting as shooting big bores, but fun just the same, and so cheap to squeeze off a couple hundred rounds. The noise is nothing too.
Come and take it.

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 04:05:07 PM »
I have had Browning Buckmarks , S&W M41s, Old High Standards, Hammerli target pistols and a Marvel 1911 conversion.
If you have a 1911 of any flavor you can remove the top end and replace it with a Marvel type .22 conversion most will shot exceptionally well but there are some dogs out there that are not worth the money they bring.
Marvel conversions are target grade and made by Bob Marvel here in MD I believe or was the last time I looked.
I do own one and will tell you it is scary accurate setting on top of a DCM 1911 frame.
TD