Spike Camp

Weatherby's move

Weatherby's move
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:28:04 AM »
I heard Weatherby is moving their headquarters from California to Sheridan, Wyoming! If so, does that include their manufacturing facilities as well? If this move is fact, I suspect politics is the reason for the move. Does anyone know for sure?

fuonlynu

Re: Weatherby's move
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 07:40:54 AM »
All of the above. It's official.

danno50

• View Profile
DosEquisShooter

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 12:15:48 PM »
I'd say politics and cost of living/doing business are the two primary drivers for this move. Secondary drivers are likely regulatory environment, future uncertainty, and as stated, the potential to produce some things in Wyoming which can't be produced in California. I'd bet there were more than a few personal considerations, as well, such as family suitability, proximity of hunting/fishing opportunities, and perhaps even some religious considerations, but that's just conjecture on my part. I know it's tough to be Christian and work for a California-based company, from personal experience. Plenty of discrimination goes on, both overtly and subtly. I'm sure the business to business and business to government climate is no different.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 12:32:48 PM »
Not to mention pot going legal.They probably don't want their children to grow up in that environment. I wouldn't
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 02:18:00 PM »
I think Dub summed it up pretty well. The short version is: Kalifornia vehemently hates guns and anybody who builds or owns them. Ain't exactly gonna get better either.
Come and take it.

badsection

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 03:16:41 PM »
I think Dub summed it up pretty well. The short version is: Kalifornia vehemently hates guns and anybody who builds or owns them. Ain't exactly gonna get better either.
  +1

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 03:39:23 PM »
My younger brother, who grew up in western Maryland but now lives in San Diego, Commyfornia, brought two couples home to Maryland last summer to visit Civil War battlefields. After visiting Antietam National Battlefield they came to my house for a visit. While they were here they were talking about rifles used in those battles. Once on the subject I showed them a few of my rifles. They couldn't believe I owned "guns". I asked them if they wanted to shoot a couple of them, they were hesitant at first but I grabbed an AR15 and a couple boxes of .223's and outside we went. After showing them the basics and after I shot a few rounds they agreed to try it.  We ended up shooting more than two boxes of ammo and they just loved it, they couldn't get enough. One of them even took an empty casing and said they were going to make a necklace out of it since it was the first time they'd ever shot a rifle. They said they didn't know it could be that much fun shooting rifles. I guess being from that State they had no idea what real America is like, they were totally impressed.
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 04:16:41 PM »
That is pretty cool.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 05:20:51 PM »
I have always said that the NRA should get out of defense mode and go on the offense to educate people about firearms and get more users out there.Gain ground instead of slowly letting them chink away at or numbers.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

Jameson

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 02:58:09 PM »
I have always said that the NRA should get out of defense mode and go on the offense to educate people about firearms and get more users out there.Gain ground instead of slowly letting them chink away at or numbers.
They did that for several years, in California, back in the early '80s. In fact, I was the first host of their celebrity shoot (after Charlton Heston did the premiere event) and while I don't know the ins and outs and whys and wherefores of why the NRA stopped, I suspect the press might have been a reason. It was the first time I saw the complete disregard for honesty or integrity in the press, deliberately misquoting me and others, making snide asides, poking fun at Charlton Heston, never reporting any of the good that was done by those events, and some of that good was introducing celebrities who had never shot before to skeet, rifle, and pistol shooting. I know for a fact that some of those celebrities spoke to the press about how much they enjoyed themselves, but I never read it in a paper.
JP

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »
Imagine that!  The name president Trump gives the media is definitely spot on.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 07:33:59 PM »
The current "media" in this nation is a propaganda machine of which Goebbels would be proud. It's shameful what passes for informed now.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 07:58:38 PM »
As for the media, as Edgar Allen Poe said "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see"

tennessee hunter

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 05:43:27 AM »
It is a shame what the so called Media prints in the newspapers and talk about on the TV anymore. It's all hype, designed to sell more papers, they care less about the truth. All they want to do is stir up sh*t. Here at home they have the same editors writing negative articles about Mr. Trump. I believe Weatherby's move was a smart choice.