Spike Camp

The good ole' days...

The good ole' days...
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:17:56 AM »
Probably has been posted before, but worth seeing again.   :)

- Symbol of Superiority -

DW5

• View Profile
Re: The good ole' days...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 11:31:19 AM »
Would have been cool if Harrison Ford blasted the terrorist off Air Force One with a .300WBY.  :)

Movie would have only lasted 10 minutes:
Only scene in the movie:

(Random guy rushing up to the President) “sir! Sir! terrorists have taken over Air Force One, we have enacted protocols 1, 3a, and....

(Harrison Ford enterrupts) “enough of your fancy talk college boy! Bring me Ronnie’s Peacemaker!”...

movie over in next 30 seconds ....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:37:08 AM by DW5 »
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 11:50:47 AM »
Works for me, but I'm not sure that I'd want to pay full price for a 10 minute movie.   ;D

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »
I can hear him now, "This is one way to take care of Hillary's lying butt."
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 03:28:51 PM »
So, any thoughts on how this photo came to be?  That is a Weatherby on Air Force One, isn't it?

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 03:38:38 PM »
Great picture and an even greater president.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

badsection

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 04:23:19 PM »
So, any thoughts on how this photo came to be?  That is a Weatherby on Air Force One, isn't it?
Looks like when he was California governor. ( my guess) It's obviously posed, the gun is on the wrong shoulder for a right handed action.  Air Force One is and was considerably larger. Did some phone work at Andrews AFB in those days! 

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 05:05:34 PM »
Looks like when he was California governor.

Thanks!  Photo was dated 1983, so he was in the White House.  More curious as to what's the story behind the photo and why a Weatherby?  :)   

badsection

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 05:42:45 PM »
Air Force One in those days was a 707.  Maybe it just looked bigger from 100yds. away. :-)  They would not let us get closer.  I do have a crystal ashtray from Nixon, his signature is etched in the glass.   

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 02:38:45 PM »
Looks like when he was California governor. ( my guess) It's obviously posed, the gun is on the wrong shoulder for a right handed action.  Air Force One is and was considerably larger. Did some phone work at Andrews AFB in those days!

I don't know about it being posed, my cousin is left handed and shoots a right handed rifle just like President Regan is holding it.  It's one of the oddest things to see but he can shoot very accurately and has done it that way all his life since left handed rifles are pretty scarce.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

badsection

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 03:09:55 PM »
I am left handed. That's why I noticed that.  Being right eyed, I always shot right handed. I could easily shoot left handed with a left handed action.   Qualifying with a hand gun ,shooting "off handed" , I had a distinct advantage.    ;D

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 06:18:35 PM »
Thats a great photo, and as a firearm aficionado he had great taste in rifles. What happened to the idea that President Trump might get a Commemorative Mark V deluxe rifle or such, with a floor plate inscription. Bet he wouldn't be shy about posing for pictures holding a Weatherby Mark V.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 06:56:42 PM »
Thats a great photo, and as a firearm aficionado he had great taste in rifles. What happened to the idea that President Trump might get a Commemorative Mark V deluxe rifle or such, with a floor plate inscription. Bet he wouldn't be shy about posing for pictures holding a Weatherby Mark V.

Maybe the first one made in Wyoming :)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 10:39:53 AM »
Whatever Weatherby thinks is appropriate in a commemorative rifle works for me.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 03:36:18 PM »
Roy Weatherby had more than a few big Hollywood stars come in the Southgate shop back in the day. He posed for pictures with some, including John Wayne and Roy Rogers.
Come and take it.