Spike Camp

Remington outdoor company bankrup!

Re: Remington outdoor company bankrup!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 05:55:56 PM »
Saw that coming as thier quality went to crap and they ruined the Marlin name. Never was a fan of the Remington line after the 80's.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 06:01:11 PM »
Quote : The Remington Outdoor family of companies currently includes Remington, Marlin, DPMS Panther Arms, Advanced Armament, Bushmaster, Parker Gun, Harrington & Richardson, Barnes Bullets, Nesika, Storm Lake Barrels, Dakota Arms, Tapco and TimberSmith stocks. Updates will be added as they become available.

950 million dollar debt pile, you think they might be overdrawn? Duh!
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 06:02:42 PM »
Saw that coming as thier quality went to crap and they ruined the Marlin name. Never was a fan of the Remington line after the 80's.

I care about Barnes more than anything. Definitely agree their quality of firearms are terrible.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 06:04:52 PM »
Hell,that's nothing.Our government pisses that much off every day.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 07:07:53 PM »
I think this is sad. Another long standing company that can't make it today's market.
What does that say about today's market?????!
Mike

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 07:33:31 PM »
Very sad. To fall like that. And to do so at this time theres just no excuse for it. They should be making money hand over fist. There problem starts at the top and works its way down.
My 2 favorit guns are Remingtons. And the last 2 i would part with. My 700 bdl 7 mm mag. And 1100 12 gauge. Bought in 1979 and 1981 . You couldnt beat there quailty then. Those guns have never let me down.
Mark

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 08:27:37 PM »
BTW, Welcome to the Nation Brandon. :). Thanks for the heads up on Remington, they still may be able to re-organize and stay afloat. Even with a bailout, they'd still have to get their quality under control to regain their now tarnished reputation. A little history below and possible timeline for QC problems at Remington.

In 1993, Remington was sold by DuPont to the investment firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R).
21st century[edit]
In June 2007, a private equity firm, Cerberus Capital Management, acquired Remington Arms for $370 million, including $252 million in assumed debt. Remington was millions of dollars in debt and did not report a profit during the years 2003–2005.[14] It was renamed as the Freedom Group.

DosEquisShooter

zonie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 08:49:19 PM »
Imo they bit off more than they could chew, why it happened is any ones guess.  Winchester had their hard time as did Colt and a few others,  I don't see this as a death nill for Remington but rather a wakeup call for reorganizing and getting back to the basics of good quality. 

Stacy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »
I hope they restructure and survive. Barnes bullets are my favorite, the Marlin line got fixed with all new equipment several years ago, the Remington V3 appears to be a very reliable and reasonably priced shotgun and my Remington model 700s in 30-06 and 338 WM both purchased new within the last three years outshoot my Vanguards in the same calibers. 

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 02:42:46 AM »
I think this is sad. Another long standing company that can't make it today's market.
What does that say about today's market?????!
It says when you make crap, people take notice and stop buying said crap. I would buy a savage before a remington.
Will work for Weatherby

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 03:40:26 AM »
BTW, Welcome to the Nation Brandon. :).

Thanks, I have been lurking for some time. Trying to decide what mark v to buy and finally decided to join.

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 03:58:08 AM »
Could the settlement on Remington's trigger issue be part of the problem?  The recent quality issues certainly influence my thinking.   I agree that Barnes is my concern as I use a number of their bullets in multiple calibers.  Great post and welcome Brandon!   :)

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 04:19:11 AM »
If Im reading the article correctly they’re looking for capital to file bankruptcy? How are they paying the employees?

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 04:30:49 AM »
There are many forms of bankruptcy.  Reorganizing debt is apparently the goal of this particular form.  It could result in spinning off some assets or even shutting down the real losers.   :)