Spike Camp

Have you ever won a gun at a raffle?

Have you ever won a gun at a raffle?
« on: February 12, 2018, 06:44:39 PM »
Not me. Latest raffle was Saturday nite.I bought ten tickets for 10 guns.Some pretty good guns some not.Hell I would be happy to win a Red Ryder after all this time.LOL I don't really mind because the money most times goes to 4H clubs or scholarships for kids as this one did.Anyone luckier than me?
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

DW5

• View Profile
Re: Have you ever won a gun at a raffle?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 06:47:01 PM »
Not I
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 07:23:06 PM »
Yep. First one for me.
Totally tricked out Sig M400 300 Blackout Navy Seal engraved with ACOG, lot's of other goodies/carbon fiber.
$4000 retail gun.Lucky me Wow!
Not for sale though.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 07:25:50 PM »
I have but it was a raffle at work. We bought squares like for the supper bowl. Then used the lottery to pick the numbers. Guy wanted 200 for a winchester 94. So the squares were 2.00 each.
But i have a couple freinds win at pheasants forever raffles.
Mark

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 07:33:14 PM »
I have. When l was logging in the 80's l won a Ruger 77 in 30-06 with a 2-7 Burris scope and sling in a logging  Association gun raffle

Gave it to my sister and as far as l know she is still hunting whitetails in Wisconsin with it

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 07:54:15 PM »
No,but I have a friend that had to have been the luckiest SOB there ever was.He went on a 9 out of 10 run one time about 25 years ago.He might not have won the main item of the raffle,but won something.He still brags about it to this day
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 08:20:05 PM »
Shell oil had a contest back in the 1970's I entered and won a Winchester 1200 12 ga.

Got the notification in the mail and dad and I drove 135 miles to get time sensitive entry in the mail to get back in time.  A few weeks late it showed up in the mail. :)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 11:23:15 PM »
I never won a gun in a raffle before, but I did win the local big buck contest one year, and won my frist Weatherby rifle. A Mark v stainless synthetic in 300 Wby, and that was the start of weatherby fever with me  :o  8)

Rob

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 03:53:12 AM »
I won my first ever Weatherby at a raffle. I was just a kid, just starting to hunt. It was a Vanguard in .308. I shot my first buck with it too!
Scott

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 10:29:00 AM »
Yep like dubyum I won my first Weatherby at a fireman's gun raffle.
TD

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 10:33:14 AM »
I was lucky enough to win at a wild game dinner. The $40 ticket for the dinner included the rifle raffle. It was a browning 300 win mag. I had a choice of the rifle or $1000. I took the money and used it for an elk tag in Wyoming and a desert whitetail tag in New Mexico. Shot a 6 pt.buck and a cow elk.
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 02:17:46 PM »
I was lucky enough to win at a wild game dinner. The $40 ticket for the dinner included the rifle raffle. It was a browning 300 win mag. I had a choice of the rifle or $1000. I took the money and used it for an elk tag in Wyoming and a desert whitetail tag in New Mexico. Shot a 6 pt.buck and a cow elk.

Excellent!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

badsection

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 02:51:44 PM »
Never won a gun, YET!  I did hit the  mega millions for $2500 in October.   ;D

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 03:13:08 PM »
Shoot, you guys are way too lucky.  I've never won a gun, and usually don't win jack during any raffle.  However, during a smoke event, I won two boxes of Perdomo cigars, a lighter, a cutter, an ashtray, and a subscription to Cigar Snob magazine.  From 8 items in the raffles, I won 6 of them.  I've never been that lucky before.  ;D ;D ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

O C hunter

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 03:46:36 PM »
Long time back, a 870 20GA. pump action Remington shot gun. still have it. I have bought enough raffle tickets that would be equal 2 or 3 Weatherby's.