Spike Camp

Kleingunther K15 270 weatherby

Kleingunther K15 270 weatherby
« on: February 24, 2018, 12:17:11 PM »
I bought this Kleingunther K15 brand new in 1982...this is what I hunted with back in my day...it was very accurate the day I bought it and its still dead on aim...just saying if anyone gets the chance to buy 1 if you can find 1 you need to get it you will not be disappointed !...just sharing

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Kleingunther K15 270 weatherby
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 05:30:34 PM »
Welcome to the Nation Cynthia. Always good to get new members and listen to other points of views on rifles. And Kleingunther's reputation of building some of the most accurate custom rifles in the industry is well known and are prize possessions when you can find them.
DosEquisShooter

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 07:11:13 AM »
BTW, thats a great looking stock on that rifle. I like the way the grip is so slender, and with the way the top of the grip slopes downward from the back of the action, it gives it kinda of a feline look. Not being sexist, just think it makes the rifle look more attractive. From what I've read, many of the early Kleingunther stocks were made from Texas mesquite. With that kind of taste in rifles, I'm betting your hunting experience is extensive.
DosEquisShooter

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 07:43:54 AM »
That is a beautiful rifle and from what I have heard, they are all quite accurate.
When it comes to building fires there are cooking fires and looking fires. Your rifle is both a looker and a shooter. Congrats on keeping that rifle looking like the day it was created. Your rifle was created and not just built. Welcome to the Weatherby Nation.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:06:21 AM by Michiganhunter »
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 09:51:33 AM »
What you may not know is that Kleinguenther was brought to the USA by Roy Weatherby in the mid-50's under the refugee program. Mr Weatherby hired Kleinguenther who worked at Weatherby for some years (I'm not sure how long) before moving off to manufacture his own rifles.
I shoot cases with a belt because I feel the other cartridges need to pull their trousers up.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 02:09:53 PM »
Welcome aboard.
JP
Moderator Jameson Parker
www.readjamesonparker.com

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 04:49:55 PM »
What you may not know is that Kleinguenther was brought to the USA by Roy Weatherby in the mid-50's under the refugee program. Mr Weatherby hired Kleinguenther who worked at Weatherby for some years (I'm not sure how long) before moving off to manufacture his own rifles.

That's some cool history. Thank you for sharing!

That is one fine looking rifle
Mike

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 06:51:55 AM »
It would be interesting to hear more about the Kleingunther rifles, their performance or some hunting stories from our new member, or anyone else who might have a Kleingunther story.
DosEquisShooter