Spike Camp

First Pig with Night Vision Scope

DW5

• View Profile
Re: First Pig with Night Vision Scope
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 03:37:52 PM »
Looks like my videos are too large to upload. Anyone know any decent/easy work arounds?
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

badsection

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 03:57:15 PM »
Load it to youtube and share the link.  :)

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 07:41:36 PM »
Let’s see if this works... you should not need drop box to watch the link below. The first video is of some pigs coming in. The second, short video is of all the pigs gathered around the bait hole right before I shot.

You’ll also notice 3 feeders set very close together. The one set back in the bush was there when I started hunting the place over 10 years ago, it has never worked since I have been on the place, but to this day I will still (not often) get random, weary deer that will stand around it, back where they think they are hid while others feed out where I have the functioning one. About 3 weeks ago I bought the “ground” feeder that now sits right by what used to be the only functioning feeder in the field.

I got the shorter one for ease of filling and it holds twice the feed. As soon as the taller feeder runs out of corn I will move it to be my XBow feeder on another part of the lease.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7s93i76p85bvljj/AADVQ-uyEKRceAHTH1fbVaUZa

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 07:58:34 PM »
That is some great night videos.I am impressed.Think I need an Equinox.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:08:39 PM by terminator »
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 08:06:50 PM »
This is right at 100 yards and me free handing the Equinox. It has a tripod mount built in, and I am looking into getting one at the moment. 1. It will stabilize the video a lot and 2. It would allow me to film the entire process, even on solo hunts.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
Just realized, you may have to click on direct download on the right side of the page to watch on a desktop, while they seem to play automatically on a smart phone. I will look into either a youtube account or some other easier way of playing videos for future posts. Sorry for the hassle.

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 02:06:20 PM »
Nice. Mmmm, I smell bacon!
Come and take it.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 04:44:48 AM »
That is an awesome video DW.  Boy, you are going to make me get a new toy.  LMAO!!!!!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 03:48:11 PM »
DW, Congrats on a nice job on those short videos. Everything stays in great focus, you get a wide field of view, and the pigs, feeders and surroundings are seen in great detail. Even the piglets, you can see the white collars behind their heads. Thats free hand too, so the tri-mount will help stabilize movement. Your Equinox is a great night vision set up, granted I've never actually looked through night vision equipment before, but I wouldn't feel under equipped in any way with the picture and view that the Equinox gets.   
DosEquisShooter

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 05:36:36 PM »
I ended up getting an attachment for my bog pod that allows camera and spotting scope mounts. If some piggies cooperate, hopefully I can film something this weekend.

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 06:47:58 PM »
Nice.Sure hope the hogs cooperate.
Roger

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 07:46:55 PM »
DW: How are the Day time videos at say 100-200 yds?
Roger

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 08:14:05 PM »
DW: How are the Day time videos at say 100-200 yds?

That is a good question. I honestly haven’t tried daytime videos. Huh... didn’t even realize that till I just saw your question. I will try a few tomorrow and maybe even see if it will let me post a 3-4 second video directly.

tennessee hunter

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2018, 05:18:30 AM »
Found the 6x50mm Equinox listed at TacticalGear.com for $248.39 . May have to get one for my father-n-law for his bday in June.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2018, 10:23:13 AM »
That is a solid deal. I got in a hurry and paid way more than that to buy it off the shelf at Acadamey.