Spike Camp

Need some help

Need some help
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »
I was just gave a weatherby .257 from a family member. I was looking on how to find out some information on the gun. If anybody could help. Thanks

Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 03:17:08 PM »
What make and model is it? Some pics would be very helpful.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 05:12:34 AM »
It says .257 weatherby magnum on barrel. Serial number starts with W then 6 numbers. I will post some pictures this evening after work.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 05:18:29 AM »
Sounds like a Mark V.Look on left side of receiver.Will say Vanguard or Mark V.Wood stocked or Composite?
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 07:52:35 AM »
What specific kind of information are you wanting to find about your rifle?
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 09:12:49 AM »
Wood stock. Just wanted to figure out exactly what i had and possibly figure out the year of it.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 09:54:52 AM »
So list the serial number with the last two or three digits as X, and I can help with approximate age.

Wood stock means it's possibly a Spotter, possibly a Deluxe, and possibly a Euromark, or perhaps a European model not commonly found here in the States. Does the stock have contrasting wood tip on the forearm and a contrasting grip cap? Do these caps have white line spacers in between them and the main stock wood? Is there a diamond in the pistol grip cap? And is the finish gloss or satin for the wood and metal?
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 02:30:31 PM »
Serial number W1186xx

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 02:39:41 PM »
No markings on stock

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 06:05:32 PM »
Stock is something someone made.Is it 257 Roberts or 257 Weatherby mag?I think it's just an old custom built rifle a gunsmith put together for someone if it's a 257 Weatherby mag.I don't think it was done by Weatherby.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.