Spike Camp

Need some help

Tjgeo

Need some help
« on: March 06, 2018, 03:27:17 PM »
I was just gave a weatherby .257 from a family member. I was looking on how to find out some information on the gun. If anybody could help. Thanks

Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 04:17:08 PM »
What make and model is it? Some pics would be very helpful.

Tjgeo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 06:12:34 AM »
It says .257 weatherby magnum on barrel. Serial number starts with W then 6 numbers. I will post some pictures this evening after work.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 06:18:29 AM »
Sounds like a Mark V.Look on left side of receiver.Will say Vanguard or Mark V.Wood stocked or Composite?
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 08:52:35 AM »
What specific kind of information are you wanting to find about your rifle?
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

Tjgeo

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 10:12:49 AM »
Wood stock. Just wanted to figure out exactly what i had and possibly figure out the year of it.

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 10:54:52 AM »
So list the serial number with the last two or three digits as X, and I can help with approximate age.

Wood stock means it's possibly a Spotter, possibly a Deluxe, and possibly a Euromark, or perhaps a European model not commonly found here in the States. Does the stock have contrasting wood tip on the forearm and a contrasting grip cap? Do these caps have white line spacers in between them and the main stock wood? Is there a diamond in the pistol grip cap? And is the finish gloss or satin for the wood and metal?
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

Tjgeo

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 03:30:31 PM »
Serial number W1186xx

Tjgeo

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 03:39:41 PM »
No markings on stock

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 07:05:32 PM »
Stock is something someone made.Is it 257 Roberts or 257 Weatherby mag?I think it's just an old custom built rifle a gunsmith put together for someone if it's a 257 Weatherby mag.I don't think it was done by Weatherby.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.