danno50

• View Profile
Re: Hello to The Weatherby Nation
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 05:42:23 PM »
Welcome to Weatherby Nation Gary.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 05:49:19 PM »
Thank you !! Thank you very much!! 😎 for all the warm welcomes ! I really appreciate that. I am originally from a small town in West Texas and grew up chasing wiry whitetails and desert Mulies, now I am living in Southeast New Mexico where an hour away I am able to chase elk , deer , Oryx and a host of other fun stuff to shoot ( of course only when lucky enough to draw out for it ). I killed 90% of everything I shot with an old Remington 243 and the other 10% with my Dad's old 88 Winchester in 308. Then I went hunting with my dad and one of his best friends who was carrying a German Mark V in .300 with a 2.75X10 Weatherby scope. He let me shoot it and I knew I was hooked . I asked for a 300 Weatherby for X-mas and I got a .308 😞. I never told my my mom or dad how disappointed I was and carried that 308 with pride but first chance I got after I left the house I bought a Weatherby. It was the 257 I mentioned before, not a 300 but damn it was a Weatherby! And not long after came my 300 and I am living that dream still today. I look forward to reading a posting with you ladies and gents . I am just sorry it took me so long to find a group who's passion for Weatherby is the same as mine.
And on the 8th Day God created the .300 Weatherby and God saw the .300 Weatherby was good, and God divided the .300 Weatherby from the rest.

Michiganhunter

• Honor is the gift you give to yourself
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 06:09:51 PM »
I hunt a little bit in New Mexico and my part time base is Las Cruces. I have been a member for about a year and the members are some of the nicest, friendly and knowledgeable people found anywhere. A wealth of information and honest advice that are willing to share all. I have learned a great deal here and if you have questions someone will have answers or point you in the right direction. If you take the time to browse through the posts, you will see information on different makes of rifles, calibers, optics and opinions. Members come from all walks of life and across the globe. I have found this unique site  is the encyclopedia for all things Weatherby. If you have hunting stories to tell or knowledge to share, please join in.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 06:24:00 PM by Michiganhunter »
If you are arguing with an idiot and someone passes by, they don't know who's the idiot.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 06:15:58 PM »
Thanks for the info Gary! What little town on in  West TX are you originally from? We are in Denton, TX now but I met the misses in Lubbock and she is from Levelland. Also, you might check some of Michiganhunter’s recent posts, his brother (I believe) also lives in NM and he has posted so pretty cool stories and pics of them chasing things around the mountains.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 06:17:59 PM »
Ah, seems he already posted as I was typing that!

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 06:24:36 PM »
Welcome to the Nation Gary.
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 06:48:04 PM »
I am from a little town called Crane . It is about 3 1/2 hours South of Lubbock, in the Odessa/Midland area. I know where Denton is , used to drive a over the road chemical delivery truck and one of routes took me through there. 
And on the 8th Day God created the .300 Weatherby and God saw the .300 Weatherby was good, and God divided the .300 Weatherby from the rest.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 08:09:51 PM »
I used to hunt on a place in Iraan, TX and the guy who sorta headed up the place was from Crane I believe.

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2018, 07:03:38 PM »
DWS I used to hunt around Iraan / Shefield myself. Had a deer lease for several years at Ozona and then over at Barnhart . Do you remember who the fellow was from Crane ?

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »
Just know he was from that area. Do not remember his real name but everyone I ever heard talk to him called him Buckshot

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 07:30:50 PM »
Sorry Buckshot don't ring a bell.

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2018, 03:39:50 PM »
Sorry to be so slow  but welcome aboard.
JP
Moderator Jameson Parker
www.readjamesonparker.com