Spike Camp

Vanguard S2 - Newbie Assembly/Disassembly Question

Vanguard S2 - Newbie Assembly/Disassembly Question
« on: March 11, 2018, 11:17:24 AM »
I recent purchased a Vanguard S2 in 308 for my son and I to target shoot.  I just started my first good cleaning, with him helping, and in attempting to disassemble the bolt, it appears he turned it counterclockwise, and now we cannot get it separated nor will it rotate back to the position it was in when we removed it from the rifle.  It also appears the firing pin is protruding slightly.

Any tips for a newbie on how to correct this?

Thanks greatly.

dubyam

• View Profile
Re: Vanguard S2 - Newbie Assembly/Disassembly Question
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 12:20:59 PM »
If you can't force the bolt back into the retracted position with just strong grip on the bolt body and the shroud, another option is to use the edge of a work bench or something (not your wife's favorite dining table or countertop, as this will likely leave a scar...) to retract the firing pin by wedding the cocking piece edge against the benchtop, and pulling down with one hand on the bolt body, then rotating the bolt body to properly re-orient the shroud.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 07:24:13 PM »
Just to give you an idea.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 05:29:54 PM »
Thanks for the assistance, I just wasn't applying enough force.  I didn't realize the spring was that strong.